Assignment

Assignment

A Chapter by George Love
"

Helen wraps up her news assignment

"

Assignment

 

 

 

Helen now had to turn to the task at hand which was getting the Historical Sites of Texas documentary wrapped up.  She and her assistant worked late on the final script while Marco spent the night trying to woo another young innocent into his bed.  Young interns were the most willing candidates.  He had his eye on two girls.  Jess was a very slight blonde who showed great talent and composure when in front of the camera, but she was also not one so easily fooled.  Sleeping her way to the top was not her style.  A frustrated Marco turned his attentions to another young college student who was much more naïve, much more ambitious and much less of a challenge for him.

            “Helen, girl we are both beat and I’m about to starve.  We have a late call in the morning so what do you say we get something to eat really quickly and call it a night?”

            “Anything would be decent right now.  I had forgotten how burning the midnight oil makes you so hungry.  There are a few years between me and pulling college all nighters.”

            “Well, that little sandwich shop is still open.  We could take a walk there and get a light sandwich before we turn in.”




© 2008 George Love


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

258 Views
Added on February 12, 2008


Author

George Love
George Love

Murfreesboro, TN



About
I am a retired Paramedic with over 20 years of Emergency Medical Services experience. While attending Middle Tennessee State University and Volunteer State College, I majored in Music, English, Preme.. more..

Writing
Power Power

A Poem by George Love