Amanda

Amanda

A Chapter by George Love
"

Amanda reveals to her husband Marco is in Texas. He tries to find a good reason to arrest him.

"

 

Amanda
 
 
 
“Mike, we need to talk about Marco. He is living here.”
“Marco?  When did he get out of jail?”
“I’m not sure when he got out but he is out here and he’s working as a TV news producer.”
“A what?”
“He’s pawned himself off as a TV News producer, Mike. He visited me in the hospital. I was pretty out of it, but I remember him saying he was going to help me get even with someone from high school, and he was going to do it on live TV.”
“Who could, never mind. Who holds a grudge that long?”
“Marco would do that Mike. Remember I told you there could be something in my Mom’s past, like a petty theft?”
“There was never anything on her record.”
“Well, there could have been. It was all because some nice guy liked me. We fell in love and his social clique could not stand it. Some guy named Travis set us up. He stole a piece of jewelry and planted it in my cleaning bag. They set us up so my old boyfriend was the one who found it. 
There were threats of police involvement, and finally a pay off. They paid Mom to move away. If we took the money and left, they would forget the whole incident. That’s when we moved to New York, and I stopped being Michelle and became Amanda. We got as far away from them as we could, but it was always a heart break for my mother. She loved Corpus so much, it almost killed her to have to move away, but we had no choice. Marco thinks this Helen is the girl who set us up, and he wants to ruin her. We can’t let him do that, Mike. We can’t let him hurt her and her family.
I think her husband is the man who rescued me. I know he works here and I’ve seen her on TV. Marco is her producer, and Mike, he wants to absolutely ruin this family. They really did nothing to me. It was all Travis. Helen may have known he did something against me, but she had nothing to do with it.”
“What can we do until he actually does something? You know my hands are tied. Unless he breaks a law, I can’t do a thing to the man, but I sure would like to put him away forever.”
“I wish I knew what he was up to, but maybe we could talk to him and maybe talk him out of his revenge.”
“We won’t be able to talk to him Amanda. You know the only reason he came to you in the hospital was be knew you were not able to reason well enough to talk him out of this plan. Calling him or trying to reach him face to face, he’ll just ignore us.”
“Well” she began, “I took a step to help today. I’m working the medical standby for his stunt. I’ll talk to him or try to warn someone if possible.”
“I’ll try to run some background checks on him. Maybe we can find some outstanding warrant on him for something. It’s a long shot, but it’s possible.”




© 2008 George Love


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

272 Views
Added on February 12, 2008


Author

George Love
George Love

Murfreesboro, TN



About
I am a retired Paramedic with over 20 years of Emergency Medical Services experience. While attending Middle Tennessee State University and Volunteer State College, I majored in Music, English, Preme.. more..

Writing
Power Power

A Poem by George Love