Assignment

Assignment

A Chapter by George Love
"

Helen is out of town on a news assignment

"

 

Assignment
 
 
 
Helen was stepping out of the shower as the maid entered her room. Breakfast was quite welcome after the long drive and sparse meal she had allowed herself. Marco had to busy himself with details concerning this assignment and he had left Helen alone the night before and she hated to eat alone.
  Helen ate quickly and was dressed for a typical San Antonio summer day, when the rain began. It was pouring buckets and this would wreak havoc on Marco’s plans. The first assignment was an outside shot of the famed river walk and with this weather that was impossible.
 Helen sighed as she looked over the outdoor locations for the Texas/Mexican History segments. Most of today’s itinerary was going to be shot and she had no idea how Marco would try to handle this. All of her interviews were scheduled for the Tuesday session and there were some pretty well set personal schedules they had to consider. The museum curator was out of town today and would return just in time for the interview tomorrow.
  Marco, on the other hand was busy rearranging the whole set up. Since the rain had junked his outside shots, he was setting up inside shots from the museum. He had enough manpower that he could shoot Helen against a green board and paste her into the shots of the Alamo later. Not the purest news form, but it would work.
 While these details were handled, Marco also made some calls to arrange a small surprise for Helen’s girls. The delivery would be made at their school and he was sure a dozen roses each would make a positive impression.
 He then turned his attention to getting Helen to the first shoot and try to wrap this assignment up in time for him to woo here some more. He knew she was very close to leaving her husband and he was going to be in line when she did. She was indeed, the top priority on his list. He was going to win this woman at all costs.




© 2008 George Love


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
Added on February 12, 2008


Author

George Love
George Love

Murfreesboro, TN



About
I am a retired Paramedic with over 20 years of Emergency Medical Services experience. While attending Middle Tennessee State University and Volunteer State College, I majored in Music, English, Preme.. more..

Writing
Power Power

A Poem by George Love