Lost Souls Chapter Four

Lost Souls Chapter Four

A Chapter by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

“Look I realize how unusual this may sound but I am serious.”

 

They had returned to there seats and Jerry had poured them both a glass of red wine to enjoy while discussing the request while Katy let it sink in.

 

“Unusual,” she let out a forced laugh.  “Nothing unusual about it, hey I get these requests all the time.  What kind of fool do you take me for?”

 

“I don’t follow.”

 

“You expect me to believe you want to help me out from the goodness of your heart, hey pal this may be Hollywood but I ain’t Julia Roberts.”

 

Shrugging his shoulders, “Believe it or not it’s true.  I’m offering this chance with no strings attached, take it or leave it.”

 

She stared at him while taking a big gulp of wine.  “Why?”

 

“Look Katherine does it matter?  By the way I always loved that name.”

 

“Well it shouldn’t but this all seems so creepy.”

 

“Look I tell you what, why don’t you stay the night here and sleep on it, if in the morning you feel the same I’ll drive you back to where we met and you’ll never see me again.”  He stood and lent a hand to help her up.  “Just think about it please.”

 

She accepted the gesture, “Fine.”

 

He led Katy up the spiral staircase and down one of the four connecting hallways on the second floor.  She looked around in amazement at all the rooms and fancy artwork that lined the halls.

 

“Do you live here alone?”

 

They stopped the last door down the corridor, “My staff lives here too.”

 

“Of coarse your staff, silly me.”  She covered her mouth and giggled.

 

Jerry shook his then opened the door.  The room had a queen size four-poster bad that look like to be an antique with matching dresser and desk.  A beautiful crystal chandelier hung in the middle of the ceiling.

 

Katy gulped, “I get to sleep here?”

“Sure why not.  It was my daughters and she won’t be using it anymore.”

 

“Your daughter’s.”  Trying not to sound to surprised.  “Where is she now?”

 

The smile on his face couldn’t hide the pain in his eyes.  “Like all kids they move on.  Night Katherine.”  He began to shut the door.

 

“Katy,” she blurted out.

 

“Excuse me.”

 

“My friends call me Katy.”  She replied grinning.

 

“Night Katherine.”

 

 

 



© 2008 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

""You expect me to believe you want to help me out from the goodness of your heart, hey pal this may be Hollywood but I ain't Julia Roberts."" haha! That's much too funny.
I like this chapter as well as Jerry, he's dark and mysterious, my kinda man! haha

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 29, 2008
Last Updated on October 29, 2008


Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing