Lost Souls Chapter Six

Lost Souls Chapter Six

A Chapter by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

Jerry entered the dining room and smiled when he saw two place settings at the table.  Not since his wife passed away had that happened.  Although she was a pain in the a*s it he felt a comfort in knowing he wouldn’t be eating alone for at least one meal.  Hopefully this won’t be the only time.  Know the thoughts of whether he did enough to get her to stay entered his mind and if not what else could he do.

 

Taking his place at the table Jerry could smell the fresh aroma of bacon and eggs being cooked up, it made his stomach grumble.  The coffee carafe was already a waiting his attention and he wasn’t about to disappoint.

 

Rosita entered the dining room with two plates just as Jerry began his first sip of coffee.  She has been his maid and cook for the last ten years.  Her family stays in the servant quarters out back and her husband tends to the outside grounds while she maintains the inside.

 

“Thanks you,” Jerry looked at the two plates and smiled.  “Could you please go wake our guest and let her know breakfast is ready?

 

“Of coarse sir, right away.”  She scurried out of the room shutting the doors behind her.

 

Jerry began nibbling on the bacon after toasting his bread while he awaited her presence.  It had been nearly ten minutes since Rosita went to get her and though his stomach was in need of filling he continues working small bites of bacon and egg so he wouldn’t eat alone again.  Finally Rosita returned alone and with a look Jerry didn’t like.

 

“Where is our guest?”

 

“I’m sorry sir but she’s not in her room.  I looked everywhere.  I’m sorry.”  She looked towards the floor avoiding eye contact.

 

“Don’t worry about it, it’s certainly not you fault.”  He leaned back drawing out a deep breath.  “Did she leave a note or anything?”

 

“I didn’t see one but I wasn’t looking for one.  Would you like me to go see?”

 

“No that ok, I will go myself.  Return to your duties.”

 

He entered the room with still hope that maybe she would be there thinking maybe she had wondered around and Rosita just missed her.  He began searching the entire room finding everything in order.  Even the bed was made and wondered if she had done it or Rosita out of habit.

 

Continuing through the bathroom to more disappointment then headed out into the hall and checked the other guest rooms losing hope with each empty room.  Returning to the room she stayed in he sat on the edge of the bed with his elbows on his knees and chin resting in his hands.

 

Looking around the room it seemed even more empty then ever as he realized he failed to save another person.  First his daughter then wife.  He knew he could give up.  All he had to do was go back to where he found her. After all these girls always worked the same corners for there regulars.  He could go and find someone else to help and redeem himself but there was something about her.  Trying to deny it but he knew it was her resemblance to his daughter.

 

He stood up with a sense of determination as he headed towards the door to go and finish breakfast and figure out how to change her mind.  Before he left the room he caught site of the jewelry box and thought something didn’t look right.  Walking over he saw the lid was slightly open with a silver bracelet stick out just enough to keep it from closing.

 

He tried to examine it to see if he noticed anything missing but it was hard since she had so much, it was a swirl of gold and silver with scattered stones everywhere.  Then his heart stopped when the realization that the most important piece was missing.  The cross necklace he bought his daughter to have when she would return home, only she never did.

 

           

 

 



© 2008 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ahhhh! Wow, so that's what the meaning behind the necklace was all about. Damn, I feel a sense of pain for Jerry. Loosing his wife, his daughter and then he figured he'd help a girl that reminded him of his daughter and she too ran out on him. Next chapter!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very interesting story. I am intrigued to know where it's going. There are some grammer/spelling/missing word issues throughout the chapters but over all it is great.
I can't wait to read more.
Best,
Lee

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 30, 2008


Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing