Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Lost Souls Chapter Eight

Lost Souls Chapter Eight

A Chapter by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

  

“You know this isn’t right,” Katy said as she jammed the key in the lock to unlock her apartment.  She had his suit jacket wrapped around her to help keep her covered up.  He was polite enough o at least offer that to her half way back to her place.

 

“You think stealing is?” 

 

“No, I told you I didn’t steal anything.”  She had the door slightly ajar as she turned and gazed at him.  “I just tried it on that’s all.”

 

“Well I could call the police instead and let them sort this out?”  His nostrils flared and cheeks were bright red.  He looked like a bull wearing blush she thought.

 

“Now let me in,” barreling his way in pushing her against the door jam.

 

“Rude much?”  She threw her purse on an old wooden chair sitting next to the entrance.  It was a piece she found out by a dumpster close to the apartment, she believed it was part of a dining table set but now served as a place to put her purse and coat when she needed it for easy access as when she headed out.

 

Before she closed the door he was already rummaging around through her desk draws.  He didn’t reply to her rhetorical question as he moved on to the nightstand by the bed.  She live in a small studio apartment so everything was in one room except for the tiny bathroom with a shower the size of a phone booth.

 

As he entered the bathroom Katy removed his jacket and tried to slip on a t-shirt before he returned.  The voice while the shirt was still over stuck on her head said she failed.

 

“What’s the matter with you?”

 

“What’s the matter haven’t ever seen a pair of breasts before?” She rhetorically replied.

 

Has she pulled the shirt down she could she the heat in his cheeks, she kinda thought his blushing was adorable.

 

“Cut with the sarcasm and tell me where the necklace is?”  Letting out a long drawn breathe.

 

“I told you before I didn’t take it.  I tired it on and it was tempting but I couldn’t do something like that.”

 

“You expect me to believe a w***e like you.”  His voice raised loud enough she was sure the neighbors caught wind of the conversation.  He stepped close quickly and grabbed her just above the left elbow, “Probably planned it from the moment you saw me.”

“Are you out of your f*****g mind,” jerking away and heading for the kitchen.  “Remember you’re the one who found me making that ridiculous offer.”

 

She opened the fridge and pulled out a beer pooping the top off with out hesitation taking two big gulps.  “And to think I was going to come back and take you up on it.”

 

“Yeah well you can forget it now sweetheart, I don’t like thieves or liars.”  Storming towards the door flinging it open.  “If you won’t tell me maybe the cops will be able to get it out of you.”

 

The door slammed shut.

 

Katy started to take another swig but then chucked the bottle against across the room.  The bottle shattered against the wall covering her dining table and carpet in beer.

 

She slid down the counter to the floor wrapping her arms around knees and buried her head crying.

 

 

 



© 2008 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

""Rude much?" She threw her purse on an old wooden chair sitting next to the entrance."
Hahaha wow Dale, you simply covered that saying well. I don't know, I seem to add "much" on the end of things as well. That tone was great! I guess you've heard that one yourself? LOL.

""You expect me to believe a w***e like you." His voice raised loud enough she was sure the neighbors caught wind of the conversation. He stepped close quickly and grabbed her just above the left elbow, "Probably planned it from the moment you saw me.""

I think that Jerry is some crazy f**k. Like, yeah, he was the one who wanted to give her a second chance, he was nice, now he's lashing out calling her names when he doesnt even know the whole story, nor does he have proof.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

""Rude much?" She threw her purse on an old wooden chair sitting next to the entrance."
Hahaha wow Dale, you simply covered that saying well. I don't know, I seem to add "much" on the end of things as well. That tone was great! I guess you've heard that one yourself? LOL.

""You expect me to believe a w***e like you." His voice raised loud enough she was sure the neighbors caught wind of the conversation. He stepped close quickly and grabbed her just above the left elbow, "Probably planned it from the moment you saw me.""

I think that Jerry is some crazy f**k. Like, yeah, he was the one who wanted to give her a second chance, he was nice, now he's lashing out calling her names when he doesnt even know the whole story, nor does he have proof.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 11, 2008


Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing