Lost Souls Chapter Two

Lost Souls Chapter Two

A Chapter by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

Although his Limousine was built for comfort Jerry Lambert couldn’t relax when driving around these part of Los Angeles at night.  He was never sure if it was because this area was filled with the kind of people he could never imagine associating with or if it was simply that he was looking for something that he couldn’t find. He was looking for something to save him, and not in the eyes of the lord but in his own eyes.

 

Every night for two years his driver would cruise these dark and violent streets.  It had been two years and he was nowhere near finding his salvation, and looking through tinted glass didn’t make the impact of what he saw out there any less ugly.  The streets were filled with homeless people, hookers, drug addicts and many criminals just looking for an opportunity.

 

Jerry had everything a man should ever want in life.  He was the CEO of the biggest record company on the west coast, which afforded him the luxuries of a two-story mansion in the hills with full staff of workers that cater to his every whim. He had two Royals Royce’s that he hardly ever drives, plus this fully loaded Limo that would make even the highest paid actor envious.  Then there was the power that he had to make and break people in this town, which made him one of the most feared men in the industry.  It was a power he rarely exercised for bad but it was certainly nice to have the option.

 

Despite all he had Jerry was still missing the things he wanted most in the world like love, happiness and peace of mind.  He had lost all of that nearly twenty-seven months ago when he lost the two most important women in his life.  It had been one blow after another, first the death of his only child followed by the suicide of his beloved wife of thirty-one years.  In the beginning the two tragedies left him drinking every night and contemplating thoughts of taking his own life, but he knew then he would never see either of those beautiful women again if he were to be in the depths of hell while they shined in heaven.  He knew not only could he not kill himself but also he needed to redeem his soul and find self-love in order to be by their sides again.

 

As he sits there in his dark blue Armani suit and power tie Jerry wondered if he would ever be able to find what he needed since he really wasn’t even sure what that was.  The only thing he did know was it must be out here somewhere.  Out here in what looked to be hell on earth.

 

Then up in the distance he saw her, the girl he saw almost every night working these streets.  She always stood out for him because she reminded him so much of his daughter Jessica before her untimely death.  Even though he knew she was far from innocent she had the face of an angel. Obviously a fallen angel, an angel in need of saving.  This was clearly the sign he needed.  It had been there all along but until now he just hadn’t seen it.  Why did he see it tonight?  What was different?  Was it that swatch of light overhead that left her glowing like an angel?

 

“Pull over by that young lady.”  Jerry instructed into a communication device that was linked to the driver.

 

As always his chauffer did as instructed without question.  He opened the door and just stared at her not sure of what to say, after all he never picked up a hooker before.

 

Then he hears her say “You looking for a goodtime handsome?”

 

Stunned by her directness all he could say was “Something like that,” trying to sound as together as he could while motioning for her to get in the car.

 

There was a moment of hesitation from the young woman but she finally got into the car.

 

 

 

 

               



© 2008 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Alright, nicely done! I like this chapter and I think I like Jerry. He seems like a great character to have around.
"She always stood out for him because she reminded him so much of his daughter Jessica before her untimely death." - lol, my name is used! haha I don't know why, but I like when I see my name in stories, I feel connected that much more.
But yeah, this girl leads such a terrible life, it's kinda painful to read, but I must go on! You have me intrigued!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Reviews

Alright, nicely done! I like this chapter and I think I like Jerry. He seems like a great character to have around.
"She always stood out for him because she reminded him so much of his daughter Jessica before her untimely death." - lol, my name is used! haha I don't know why, but I like when I see my name in stories, I feel connected that much more.
But yeah, this girl leads such a terrible life, it's kinda painful to read, but I must go on! You have me intrigued!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love this. Sounds like a story of redemption is about to happen!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 29, 2008
Last Updated on October 29, 2008


Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..