Lost Souls Chapter Three

Lost Souls Chapter Three

A Chapter by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

As the limo pulled away both Katy and Jerry sat in awkward silence.  She felt uncomfortable being with someone obviously so rich that his house probably cost more than she would make in a lifetime.  His nervousness came from not really knowing what to say to a woman like this.

 

Jerry fidgeted with his tie then reached for a bottle of scotch and began to fix himself a drink. “Would you like one?”

 

“Sure why not.”  Shrugging her shoulders she sat back and smiled while twirling her hair with her right hand. 

 

Katy was sitting in the side seat to the right of Jerry.  As he poured the drinks she began looking him up and down trying to guess what kind of perverted act he would want her to perform.  As he was fumbling with the ice she began to realize that this is a situation he’s not to familiar with.

 

“First time?”  She asked in a playful way then let out a girlish giggle. 

 

Jerry handed her a drink.  “Actually yes it is.”   He turned and stared out the window taking a long drink from his glass.

 

Katy continued playing with her hair.  “Well don’t you worry cause your in good hands.”

She proceeded to take a sip trying not to show that it was a bit stronger than what she was use to drinking.  The truth was she really didn’t like to drink other than and occasional beer and maybe a daiquiri.  “So what’s your pleasure and would you like to do it here or are we gonna get a room?  Not that I wouldn’t mind it in here, hell it could be quite interesting.”  She tried to down another sip.  “Ya know for the right price I would even let your driver join us.”

 

He nearly choked on the alcohol running down his throat.  Beginning to cough uncontrollably he loosened his tie and unbuttoned the top button so he could get a little air.  I uhh… I think you have the wrong idea.”  His voice crackled as he spoke.

 

“Oh really,” she replied as she arched her right brow, “so we’re not going to the opera.”  

 

Jerry didn’t look very amused by her sarcastic response.  “I’m sorry is that a joke.”

 

“It was supposed to be.”  She turned away rolling her eyes and mouthed the word “wow”.  “Just trying to break the ice a bit,” she looked back at him giving him her pretty smile that always made the men blush.  “I can see it worked.”

 

He just sat back and sighed wandering if this was all a big mistake.

“Look I’m sorry.”  Trying to sound humble in fear of losing a John that will probably pay good money for some action.  ‘So where are we going and what exactly are you expecting from me?”

 

“To answer your first question we are heading to my house and as for the second, well w will save that after we get there.”  He sounded so mechanical she began to wonder where the outlet he was plugged into was.

 

The rest of the ride they both remained silent.  Jerry poured himself as second drink and stared out the window second-guessing himself but didn’t know any other way to fulfill his own penance.

 

Katy was still sipping on her first drink but started realizing with each sip that it wasn’t so bad, she might even be able to get use to this.  As they reached the hills her fascination turned to all mansions they were passing.  She imagined how they must feel living up here over looking all the grit and grime of the city.  It must make them feel so high and mighty, it started making her feel smaller and more insignificant then ever.

 

As they entered the gate she could see the round-a-bout driveway with a large water fountain centered in the middle of it.  The drive was lined with neatly trimmed bushes on both sides.  Katy almost swallowed her tongue when the two-story Victorian style house came into view.  It looked almost as big as the mall she frequently inhabited.  This was definitely the kind of house she always dreamed of after becoming a Hollywood starlet, a very ancient dream.

 

Before they even reached the front door it was opened by a short Hispanic woman.  She motioned them to entered with her right arm while keeping the left on the door handle.  Katy just shook her head and smiled as she stepped in and was captivated by the entryway.  It alone was bigger than her apartment.

 

“Follow me.”  He said.

 

This is crazy she was thinking as she was led into what she imagined was what the rich must call the living room.  All she could do was look around at all the artwork on the wall and imagine what each one must cost.

 

“Won’t you have a seat?”  He asked very politely.

 

Katy sat very carefully on the nice sofa, trying to act like a lady as she sat straight up and crossed her legs. She never felt more uncomfortable, excited and scared at the same time.

 

“Well I know you are curious why I brought you here.”

 

“I’m on the edge of my seat.”  She couldn’t seem to hold back the sarcasm.

 

“Well if your not interested.”  Sounding a bit irritated.  “I could have my driver take you back right now.”

 

“Look I am sorry but you have to understand in my line of work keeping my wits is the only thing that keeps me sane.”

 

“So why don’t you quite.”  Jerry was still standing just a couple feet to her left.

 

“What can I say, the hours are good.”  Katy shrugged.  “What are you my father?”

 

“Maybe this was a huge mistake.”  Pointing toward the door, “Why don’t you just go?”

 

She stood slowly and approached him in her most seductive manner.  Her finger slide up his tie as she pulled him face within inches of hers, “Come on, look I’m already here so why don’t we get to know each other a little better.  Just tell me what you and believe me you won’t be disappointed.”  She let out a low purr.

 

He pried Katy’s hands from his tie, “Look that isn’t why I brought you here.”

 

“Look you better not be wasting my time.” She was standing toe to toe with him waving her finger in his face.  “Time is money for me at night.”

 

“Yeah I can see you were real busy before I pulled up, besides is this really how you want to make money.”

 

“Well it’s work for me so far, and what do you care anyways?”  She turned and headed for the door and throwing her hand up, “I’m outta here.”

 

“Wait please.”  It was the first time he talked with real emotion.  “Look I will pay you a thousand dollars just to hear me out.”

 

Katy nearly stumbled as she stopped in her tracks and looked over her shoulder to see the man holding a wad of cash in his hand.  After a few moments of deliberating with herself she turned and head back toward him, “Fine I’ll listen but this better not be some kind of hustle.”

 

“Do I look like I need to hustle you?”  He placed his left hand on his forehead and muttered to himself, “What the hell am I doing?”

 

“What?”  She was standing nearly inches from him now.

 

“Never mind, look hear you can have the cash now to put any fear you might have to rest.”

 

She snatched it from him and counted it.  Looking him straight in the eye, “Ok I’m listening.”

 

“First off you got a name?”

 

“Hey for a thousand dollars you can call me any name you like.”  After she said it Katy wished she could sucked the words back in but she was just so use to dealing with sleaze balls that saying such corny things became part of her arsenal.

 

She watched as he closed his eyes and just shook his head in disgust.

 

“Look I’m sorry that was just habit.  My name is Katherine.”  A little lie but giving her name to customers no matter how rich was a no no.

 

“Well Katherine, I am here to offer you a chance at a new life.”

 

 

 

 

 



© 2008 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

LOL! Wahoo! I like this chapter and I was totally right about Jerry I like him, lots. He's willing to give Katy a chance, one that I'm not sure of yet, but I hope it's better than the situation she is in. She is basically selling her body to any man she desires and here, a random guy Jerry is willing to help fox her. I like how hes not in it for sex... or is he?

""Hey for a thousand dollars you can call me any name you like." After she said it Katy wished she could sucked the words back in but she was just so use to dealing with sleaze balls that saying such corny things became part of her arsenal."

Posted 15 Years Ago


You had me laughing with the part where she mouths, "wow" and also wondering where the outlet was that he was plugged into.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 29, 2008
Last Updated on October 29, 2008


Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..