Lost Souls Chapter Nine

Lost Souls Chapter Nine

A Chapter by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

  

Katy looked at the clock on the nightstand, it read 1:38.  She was still curled in a ball on the bed with no desire to get up.  After the bottle throwing incident she laid on that floor crying for over an hour before managing to pick herself up slip off the skirt and slither into bed.

 

She hadn’t broken down like that since her parents were killed.  Life on the streets had hardened her up so much she thought feelings were a long forgotten thing of the past for her.  Between the traumatic incident in the alley and the harsh words of a man she hardly knew she didn’t have the emotional or physical desire to do anything.  She was wishing at that moment that she had struggled so they would have killed her.

 

Even though a blanket covers her she got evil chills even time thought of that lunatic’s lips and tongue on her breasts.  It felt as if it was happen again at that moment.  She tried to hold in the urge to vomit but her will wasn’t strong enough.  She leaned over the side of the bed.  She was thankful she hadn’t eaten last night, just the consumption of alcohol.  So most everything that spewed out was liquid.  Katy didn’t even have the emotional strength to clean it up.

 

Her thoughts were all over the place including how could she go back to doing her job.  She had to get tougher then she had already become.  Katy sighed knowing it was impossible.  Well she wanted to be an actress so now was her chance for the roll of a lifetime, acting like nothing happened.  Even if she pulled it off there would be no awards or praise from adoring fans.  Nope this would only serve as a fight for survival.  I thankless fight for a useless life she thought pulling the covers over her head and embracing the darkness like it was death.

 

 

 

Jerry started early on his quest to find the necklace.  He figures she had pawned it for money so he began hitting every pawn shop in a thirty mile radius starting with the closet he could find to Katy’s apartment.  Each on he entered was full of jewelry, many of them antiques.  He became saddened to think many of them were priceless family heirlooms pawned out of necessity for survival and now lay here like sunken treasure from a shipwreck.

 

By the seventh shop he became discouraged realizing it was becoming more and more hopeless the father from her place they were.  He didn’t believe she had a car so coming this far would be impossible.  Then he thought maybe her pimp drove her somewhere and took his cut.

 

“But sir we have plenty of beautiful necklaces with crosses.”  The man spoke with a heavy Arabic accent.  “You buy one I give you a good deal.”

 

The man gave him a wide smile showing off his pearly whites against his dark skin.  Jerry just gave the man a blank stare and sighed and kept looking intently in the cause again making sure not to miss anything.  He didn’t make it to the top of the business without being anal when it came to detail.

 

“What do you say sir?  I got some real fine items right here.”  Sweeping his arm across the glass case.

 

“No thanks.”  Jerry said flatly.  “Say is their any other pawn shops in this area?”

 

“You no buy from me then I no help you.”  Storming off into the back room.

 

As Jerry step out into the sunlight he let out a long breath and scratched his head.  Just then a sign caught his eye, “Jewelry new and used”.  He darted into the street without looking nearly causing three accidents from people trying to avoid killing him.  He didn’t even turn back long enough to apologize but heard a couple choice names aimed at him.

 

Entering the store with urgency and desperation he drew the attention of the clerk and only other customer in the place.  The man was looking at engagement rings.  Jerry recognized that glow on the stranger and became melancholy remember how he felt when he was looking for the perfect ring for his bride.  Quickly he wiped the single tear from the left eye before anyone would notice.

 

“You ok.”  The young salesman asked.

 

Jerry cleared his throat.  “Oh Yeah I’m good just sweating a little.”

 

“What ever you say pal.  I’ll be with you in a few minutes.”

 

Jerry waved him off and began looking through the glass like a wizard staring into a crystal ball looking for the future.  Then he spotted it; he nearly lost his breath in disbelief.

 

“Hey I need to see this necklace now.”  Jerry barked.

 

The sales clerk didn’t even look at him, “I told you I’ll with you in a moment.”

 

Jerry barreled down on the two sticking his chest out and huffing.  “I said right now”

 

The customer stood, Jerry didn’t realize how tall the gentleman was.  Judging by how much he towered over him Jerry guessed he was about 6’5”.  The man had a light complexion with short dark hair that was spiked but messy and a narrow face.  He could also see the man’s muscles bulging through the baby blue dress shirt he was wearing.

 

“Look I don’t want any trouble.”  Jerry said in a low calming tone while trying into the man’s eyes without showing fear.  Probably unsuccessful he thought.

“The I suggest you wait your turn.”  Poking his finger into Jerry’s chest nearly knocking all the wind out of him.

 

Jerry held his chest coughing.  In a hoarse voice replied “Look pal I will buy you any ring in here you want if you just let me have the clerks attention for a few moments.

 

“Oh funny guy.”  The man said in an uneven temper.

 

Before he could make any violent acts Jerry quickly said, “I’m serious.  I’m the CEO of a major record label I promise I have the money.”

 

The man looked him up and down with reservation then rubbed his chin and smiled.  “Ok you got a deal but you try walking out of here with out making good…” the man pounded his right hand into his palm to let his actions speak loud and clear.

 

“Jerry Lambert.”  Reaching his hand out.

 

“Alex Holsten.”  Taking his hand with a firm shake.

 

After Jerry got the feeling back in his hand he got the sales clerk to show him the necklace so he could inspect it closely to make doubly sure. 

 

“It’s a fine piece of jewelry wouldn’t you say?  I think it has to be one of the most exquisite things anyone every brought in here.”

 

Jerry looked at the gentleman’s nametag, “Todd, just when was it brought in?”

 

“Actually just this morning, I knew it wouldn’t take long for someone to take interest.”

 

“Do you know the name of the person?”

 

Todd just stared at him squinting, “What does that matter?”

 

“Because it was stolen from my home.”  Jerry shouted.  He couldn’t believe how quickly he let his cool slip.

 

“Look pal I don’t know anything bout that.”  Trying to snake it out of his hands.

 

Jerry pulled it out of reach in time, “Oh no you don’t.  I want to know who brought this in.”

 

The man grabbed the phone, “That’s it I am calling the police.”

 

Jerry could feel the presence of Alex drawing closer to him.  “Fine call the police and they can straighten this out.  I am sure it will be good for business when they find out you received stolen property.”

 

Todd gripped the receiver so tight his finger began to turn a deep shade of red.  He stared at Jerry rubbing his neck with the free hand mauling over his options.  He slammed the phone back down and raised his left eyebrow, “Just how do I know this really belongs to you.”

 

“I had it specially made.  I even have a certificate of authenticity right her.”

 

He pulled out a paper from his inside jacket pocket and handed it over.  Todd looked it over carefully.  Jerry looked back at Alex who stood behind him like a bodyguard protecting the president.

 

“Ok,” handing the paper back.  “Look I won’t give you a name but I can tell you what she looked like.

 

“Let me guess, brunette with barely enough clothes on to be considered decent.”

 

“Not even close pal.  More like a middle ages Hispanic woman wearing what looked like a maids uniform.”

 

Jerry felt his stomach almost hit the floor.  “Oh my what have I done,” he muttered to himself.

 



© 2009 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Well it's nice that he found the necklace, but hell who was this woman then if it wasn't Katy!!

"Jerry started early on his quest to find the necklace. He figures she had pawned it for money so he began hitting every pawn shop in a thirty mile radius starting with the closet he could find to Katy's apartment. "

-- what a smart man, hahaha LOL

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Well it's nice that he found the necklace, but hell who was this woman then if it wasn't Katy!!

"Jerry started early on his quest to find the necklace. He figures she had pawned it for money so he began hitting every pawn shop in a thirty mile radius starting with the closet he could find to Katy's apartment. "

-- what a smart man, hahaha LOL

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 2, 2009


Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing