Lost Souls Chapter Five

Lost Souls Chapter Five

A Chapter by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

While trying to get comfortable Katy explored the dresser drawers and closet examining all the designer jeans dresses and lingerie.  She couldn’t figure out why anyone would want to leave all this behind.  The temptation to try on some of the clothes became to overwhelming and before she knew it she was in front of the mirror admiring the red strapless number that cried out her name when she first opened the closet.

 

After playing dress up her curiosity took her to the desk.  There wasn’t much in the drawers besides monogrammed stationary, envelopes and pens.  It struck her as odd though to not find any personal pictures anywhere. There were none on the walls or even

in any drawers that she came across.  The room was so beautifully decorated but lacked that personal touch.

 

Katy ventured into the bathroom and thought a nice long bath would help her relax and think while taking in all that happened tonight.  While letting the warm water fill the tub she went through the cabinet under the sink.  She found tampons, cotton balls and some bath oils.  She began to wonder why she would leave such items behind when she moved out.  Katy decided that bath oils would be a nice touch right now and hoped Jerry wouldn’t mind. It looked as though nothing was touched since she left.  As she grabbed the bottle she spotted something wadded up in the back corner of the cabinet.  A feeling of uneasiness came over her when discovering they were white panties with bloodstains.

She tossed them back and shut the door and went about pouring the oils in the bath taking in the wonderful aroma.

 

Katy stepped in slowly and began to descend into the water allowing the sparkling sensation of the warmth to consume the tension in her muscles.  She lied back and closed her eyes breathing deeply and exhaling over and over until her mind and body felt completely at ease. 

 

It only lasted a few minutes when she began to contemplate this whole scenario.  Why was this man being so generous?  Where is his daughter and why had she left so many clothes and personal items behind?  What was with the hidden bloody panties?  “Maybe this is a mistake,” she mumbled to herself.  She continued to enjoy the bath for another half hour and figuring she might as well enjoy this for the evening and return to reality tomorrow. 

 

She tossed and turned for over an hour and couldn’t shake the uneasy feelings that were twisting her gut.  Finally giving up on sleep Katy made her way back to the desk turning on the light and sat down.  She pulled out the personalized stationary.  It was white and the board lined with lilies. The header read Personal memo from Dana Lambert. 

 

The note she left apologized for leaving so abruptly and thank him for the generous offer but she would have to decline.  Not sure how far down the hallway he was sleeping she dressed as quickly and quietly as she could but decided to not put her boots back on till she reached the door.  Just before opening the door her attention was drawn to the jewelry box sitting atop the dresser.  I finally carved piece of craftsmanship with a dark oak finish.  With only the moonlight’s glow accenting the room she walked over running her finger along the top and wandered if a couple of piece would be missed.  Katy’s eye lit up when she opened it and marveled at all the fine gold and diamond jewelry sparkling in the lunar light.  She ran her fingers over the pieces of gold, silver and gemstones carefully wondering just how much was money was in that little box.

 

The temptation was there to try on some of the jewelry but thought it might be a little too weird.  She just stared for a moment fixated on a gold necklace with a cross that was lined with diamonds.  She finally thought that maybe just trying on one thing wouldn’t hurt, how often do I get a chance to try on something so expensive she thought.  Picking up the necklace she gazed at the diamond lined cross as it shimmered different colors.  She pinched it between her fingers and rubbed it and she thought about her faith and how this city of angels has tainted it so much she doubted it could ever be restored.

 

She slipped the necklace on and just stared into the mirror picturing herself as a Hollywood starlet gracing the red carpet, a dream of hers that died a long time ago.

Reaching back to unclasp it she stared one more time in the mirror and again was wandering what something like this would cost and if it would be missed among all the other high priced accessories.   Of all the things she did stealing was never one of them, but then again there was a first time for everything.  She wondered if this should be one of those times.

 



© 2008 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

"She slipped the necklace on and just stared into the mirror picturing herself as a Hollywood starlet gracing the red carpet, a dream of hers that died a long time ago."

I LOVE how you re-touch on that part from the beginning of the first chapter.
Yeah, this was well done regardless.

Posted 15 Years Ago


If I were her I'd be wondering if there was camera on me and was being watched! lol!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

So did she steal it? is there more to this, I like this story you did so well writing this, enjoyed.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 29, 2008


Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing