Demi-human Relations

Demi-human Relations

A Chapter by Eddie Davis
"

Sophia and Deborah discuss their differences

"

16.

Demi-human Relations

 

Eioldth and Aurei’s two daughters sat there very awkward and embarrassed as Sophia waddled across the room and slowly sat down next to the equally embarrassed Deborah Ferebee.   The Elven woman kept a calm expression on her face as she waited for the pregnant Drow to begin.

 

“Deborah, it was very apparent to everyone except Archmage Drake that you had strong feelings for him.    I also knew that you were somewhat jealous of me for the attention he was showing me when I first came to Flux.”

“Sophia, I should have been honest and open about it with you.    I am sorry.”

“There’s no need to apologize to me, Deborah.   If I were in your shoes I would have disliked me for the same reason.   I was young and stupid and didn’t know my place.   I’m sure you know that I never had any feelings for the Archmage, but I do admit that I tried to charm him to get what I wanted.”

“I imagine it worked, didn’t it?”

“Yes, but he was a push-over when it came to women.   Did you know that all the time I was working with him, he talked about you?   He considered you his closest friend, I am quite sure of it.   How he could not see that you loved him is beyond me.   I think he would have figured it out, Deborah.   Sooner or later.   But sadly he never got that chance.”

 

The lady blinked back tears but nodded.

 

“Deborah, I know that you probably blame me indirectly for his death.”

“No, I don’t!   Really!”

“If I hadn’t asked for intervention, he and Lady Kinzer may not have died.   I certainly didn’t think Yesh would desire to have me as Drake’s replacement.   It must have been very hard on you.   I am truly sorry.   I suspected you were jealous, but thought that if I didn’t speak any about it, perhaps you would get over it eventually.   That was stupid and foolish of me, I am sorry.”

 

The Elven lady did not know how to reply to that and so just nodded looking down at her hands.

 

“Deborah, please feel free to tell me when I do something insensitive or immature.   It won’t offend me at all.   I don’t feel like I have any business leading the Watchers.   Having said that, I must tell you that the reason I overheard your conversation is that I was coming to see all of you.   I need your opinions on something.”

 

Deborah glanced over at Eioldth and the two girls, then back at Sophia questioningly.

“Why do you need our opinions?” Deborah asked.

 

Sophia smiled slightly, “Just let me catch my breath and I’ll show you.      You haven’t taken these ladies up in your jet to show them Flux yet, have you?”

“No… why?”

“I’ll go with you three and tell you there.   I want this conversation to be private, even though we are here in Flux.”

“Alright…” Deborah shuffled her papers for a few moments and then looked at Eioldth, Sirya and Aranthi with a shrug, “Well, okay, let’s go see what Flux looks like from above."

 

 



© 2014 Eddie Davis


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
Added on May 16, 2014
Last Updated on May 16, 2014
Tags: Drow, Elf, Albino, Fantasy, Swords and Sorcery, Knights, Paladins, romance, Marksylvania


Author

Eddie Davis
Eddie Davis

Springfield, MO



About
I'm a fantasy and science-fiction writer that enjoys sharing my tales with everyone. Three trilogies are offered here, all taking place in the same fantasy world of Synomenia. Other books and stor.. more..

Writing
One One

A Chapter by Eddie Davis


Two Two

A Chapter by Eddie Davis