Chapter 12: A princess in the making: Part 2.

Chapter 12: A princess in the making: Part 2.

A Chapter by cimmy wuv xxxooo

 

"Lydia Lovel." I hear my name being called again; I quickly catch my breath, stand up straight and strut onto the red carpet. I look around and everyone is glaring at me, Some of the girls are whispering to each other, Anna is smiling at me, and all the judges and frowning at me already, I’m the centre of everyone’s attention, and I hate it. I look down at my feet and I realise I’m very shaky, then I remember I’m not meant to be looking down and I know I’ve messed up already, I look up and I see all the judges now shaking their heads. I’m really nervous now. These heals are huge and I’m putting all my effort into keeping myself steady and not tripping over.  I try to steady myself a little more and I actually do, I have stopped shaking that’s great. As I look over to the judges though they don’t seem to be that impressed by my improvement. So I try harder. I try to do the criss cross walk that almost everyone else did, after all how hard can it be right. Wrong turns out this is too hard for me and before I know it I have tripped over and have hit the floor, using my hands to break the fall, I’m not hurt at all luckily, but I am extremely embarrassed and I am hesitant to get up. I here laughter in the background, then I hear the mistresses voice yelling at me to get back up.  I stand up with my head down not wanting to look at anyone, what’s worse is tears are starting to form in my eyes and I’m struggling to hold them in. The mistress stands over me now and I wait to hear what she has to say.  “Most Princesses’ come hear every year and improve, you on the other hand somehow manage to get worse, I didn’t even know that was possible.” She says sounding annoyed. I Im Sorry I stutter. “Lift your head up and look at me when I am speaking to you young lady.” She than snaps at me. “Sorry your majesty.”  I reply lifting my head up and looking into her eyes filled with rage.  I wipe my eyes and suck it up, trying to just forget about what just happened and do much better in the next event. “I will do better.” I say. “Well let’s hope so.” Comes the mistress’s reply. “I honestly don’t see how you can do any worse now.” I walk into the line and wait with the other for the next few princesses to do there walk. Everyone in line is still whispering to one another and glancing at me, than softly laughing. I try to ignore it but it’s hard. Anna comes over and stands next to me. She gives me a look of sympathy and pats me on the back. “Don’t worry about them Lydia its fine, you were nervous, I’m sure you will do much better the next event, don’t let them get to you.” She tells me, looking at me with her caring eyes. “That was so embarrassing.” I whisper to her. “I’m so not cut out for this.” I reply. “Yes you are.  Its in you’re blood somewhere, you were born into a royal family after all.” Anna replies with a smile. “Right.” I reply with a frown. “Right.” The next few Princesses’ do there walks, all of them brilliant of course, now everyone is standing in line. We are all waiting for the next event.

 

Turns out the next few events I fail at miserably to, but thankfully nothing has been worse than the red carpet Event. So I can be grateful for that I guess. Now we are all just sitting around a dining room table with hands in our laps. Everyone is talking so I take this time to talk to Anna about what the hell happened between Derick and her. “Anna.” I say tapping her shoulder. “Yes.” She sweetly responds. “I heard something happened yesterday between you and Derick.” I simply say. “Oh alright.” She responds quietly. I can tell she looks uncomfortable, and now I’m really curious as to what happened. “So what happened?” I question. “Oh don’t worry about it, it was nothing.” She replies. She says it’s nothing but just by her voice I can tell it was far from nothing. “Anna you can tell me.” I reply. “I’m hear for you, you know.” Yes of course I know Lydia.” She responds. “I would prefer not to talk about it though.” It sounds like whatever happened has really shaken her up, she almost seems like it’s painful for her talking about it, and she hasn’t even really said anything yet. I look at her and I think she can see the worry in my eyes because she sigh’s as she looks at me and says. “Alright I can’t keep anything from you, it’s hard for me to talk about, but later when we are on our own, I’ll try to talk to you, alright.” She responds. The look on Anna’s face is serious and this only makes me more worried and more curious. “Oh alright then.” I reply. I look at Anna and give her a little smile as I rub her back. “It’s alright I’m here for you whatever it is.” I say assuring her.  She doesn’t answer me but just gives me a small smile in return. Then dinner comes to the table and it’s time for everyone to eat, this isn’t going to be fun I think to myself, frowning.  

 

By the end of the meal I had lost count of how many times I had been told to hold to fork this way not that way, and not to slouch. I also got told a million other things I was doing wrong. Made it hard to just relax and enjoy my dinner, when I’m being told to sit a certain way, and eat a certain way, I mean I just wanted to eat.  Anyway after my meal my mother had the usual disappointed talk to me which I was used to by now, I had given up by now that she would ever be proud of me. I was in no rush getting home, as I knew my farther would be disappointed to and it was worse knowing that he was, just the way he looks at me is heartbreaking. So I decide to avoid going home, now to ask my mum if I can stay and hang out with Anna for a while. “Mother.” I say. “Yes.” My mother replies not even bothering to glance at me. “Can I hang out with Anna for a while?” I ask. “ “Right now I couldn’t care less.” She responds angrily. “I tried mother, I am sorry.” I reply. “That’s all I can do sorry It wasn’t good enough. “So am I.” Comes her reply. “Just go Lydia.” She replies with a Sigh. Just be home in three hours, I want you home by nine o clock. “Yes mother.” I respond. I then make my way over to Anna. “Let’s get out of here.” I say grabbing Anna’s hand and practically dragging her out the door. Anna laughs.  “Come on it wasn’t that bad.” She says rolling her eyes at me. “Right It was worse.” I reply. Anna just laughs as we walk out the door together. As leaving this place for another year.

 

We get to this beautiful spot at a lake, it’s pretty deserted and there’s a chair Right in front of the lake for us to sit on, so we both agree on this spot and we sit down. “Now go on missy.” I say, looking at Anna, do tell me what this Idiot done. “If I tell you, you have got to promise not to do anything about it, and just leave it.” Anna says glaring at me with a real seriousness in her eyes. “I mean It do not do anything about it, or I’m not saying anything.” I glear at her and frown. “Wait, but Anna.” I start to respond. She cuts me off. “No I mean it she says glaring at me, or I won’t tell you a thing. Promise me.” She says in her serious voice as she stares me down. “I pause not wanting to agree to that but I give in as I sigh. “Alright I promise.” I reply. “Alright then good.” Comes Anna’s reply, and remember you promised.”

 

So Anna chock’s on her words here and there but she tells me the whole dreadful story, and by the end of it she’s crying in my arms. She tells me everything, about how he held her up against the tree, all the dreadful things he said, and about how lucky she was that at the last minute, Peter was there to save her. She told me how sweet he was and that she would never admit these things to him, but she actually enjoyed him holding her, and he made her feel so safe like nothing could hurt her as long as she was in his arms. Hearing that from Anna was shocking, as she is far from the affectionate kind of girl, I guess she is scared of getting hurt so she doesn’t like letting people in so quickly or getting to close. Although by the way she talks about Peter it seems like she really likes this guy, and I mean really, really likes this guy, and that is huge for her.  I continue to just hold Anna, Rage is boiling up inside me, Anna means so much to me she is truly like a sister, and the fact that this a*****e did this to her, I just couldn’t bear to sit back and not do anything about it. Although I made a huge promise to Anna and she was serious about me not doing anything, I was beginning to wish I didn’t promise her anything.  I didn’t know what to do at this point, and I certainly didn’t know what to do about the next time I see him, I mean am I meant to act like nothing happened, when all I’m going to want to do is kick his a*s. I am so made and I know Anna can tell, but she’s made me promise so she knows I couldn’t dare break it, I guess that’s why she’s not as worried.  Anna stops crying sits up and wipes her eyes.  She looks at me seeing the anger on my face, and she gives me that serious look again. “Remember you promised not to do anything.” She says her voice and face very serious. “Yes I know, I know.” I reply in defeat. “Good.” Comes Anna’s reply. Now let’s get going its getting cold out. We get up and start walking, and I quite honestly am torn in two. Half of me is screaming to keep the promise to Anna and that if I say something I will just get into allot of trouble. The other half of me doesn’t care about any of that and wants to kick his a*s. I honestly don’t know what I am going to do.

 



© 2014 cimmy wuv xxxooo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
Added on June 21, 2014
Last Updated on June 22, 2014


Author

cimmy wuv xxxooo
cimmy wuv xxxooo

melbourne, Australia



About
Hey everyone im cimmonne (prounced simone) but everyone i know and love calls me cimmy. I'm unique and different and 100 percent me. I have a passion for writing and i want to share my writing with ev.. more..

Writing