Chapter 13: A fathers love

Chapter 13: A fathers love

A Chapter by cimmy wuv xxxooo

I wake up the next morning by a panicked yell. My father’s yell. I jump out of bed because my father is panicking, it must be really serious. I get up chuck on my robe and run half way down the stairs. Only to stop dead in my tracks, as I look down to the bottom, I’m speechless, I’m frozen, I don’t know what to do or say, I just stare as I feel the panic set in, and the tears well up in my eyes.  There’s my mother, lying motionless on the floor, and in this moment I think she is dead. My father snaps me out of my thoughts as he yells.

“Lydia, call triple zero.”

I force myself to move as I run on shaky legs to the phone, and dial triple zero. 

 

About two hours later I find myself waiting in the hospital, with my father, it is five am, so I should be falling asleep on this chair, but I’m wide awake and so is my dad, with a thousand thoughts running through our heads. I don’t get to speak to my dad much, but I am allot closer to him than I am to mum, he just works allot, and sometimes treats me the way mum does, because he tends to follow her lead. She is the man of the house.  Finally it’s my dad who breaks the silence.

“Lydia, I’m sure everything’s going to be fine. He says trying to reassure me.

I roll my eyes at him. “You’re not very convincing dad.” I reply.

I sigh. “If only I had tried harder to be a better princess, maybe then she wouldn't have been so stressed out. Maybe then she would be proud of me at least.” I say with a frown.

“None of this is your fault.” My father replies rubbing me on the back. “If anything its mine.

“What.” I reply in shock. “Why would you think that dad?”

“Because I’m not home enough, She has to do everything herself, I am to busy working.” He replies with a frown.

“That’s not your fault dad.” I reply. “You have to work, you are doing it for us.”

“Hun we are rich.” He replies. “We are Royal, we have tons of money, and I don’t really have to work. I could quit and we would still be fine money wise.”

“Then why do you work dad?” I ask curiously. “Why don’t you quit.

“Honestly, because sometimes your mother is a bit much to handle and I need a break sometimes. Also because I like work gives me some time to myself and I enjoy working. Although I should have quit months ago when your mother got sick, it was selfish of me not to.” He finishes, a tear falling from his eye.

“Sometimes everyone needs a time out from mum.” I reply, patting dad on the back.

“That’s no excuse.” He replies frowning. “I should have been there for her more, and I just wasn't.” He exclaims.

“This was no one’s fault dad.” I Say though my tears. “This was going to happen, we knew that, and we knew we couldn't stop it. I finish.

“My dad looks up at me giving me just the smallest hint of a smile, though his frown.” I know your mother doesn't give you much credit, but she knows you are trying sweet heart, and she appreciates it.” My father says glaring at me. “You should know that, even though she would never tell you that herself.”

I just look down as I whisper. “I wish she would.”

“You know what you mother’s like sweetheart.” He says simply. “Just know that she is only hard on you because she wants what’s best for you, and she thinks by being tough on you it only pushes you more.” He says glancing at me.

“She really tells you all this?” I ask him.

“Yes she does, but don’t say anything, she wouldn’t want you to know any of this. “My father replies giving me a stern look.

“Dad.” I say half chocking on my tears.

My dad wipes my tears from my face, as he replies. “What is it sweetie?”

“Is mum going to be ok?” I question.

“Honestly sweetie, I’m not sure. If she does end up getting though this, I’m afraid she won’t have much time left anyway." He replies.

“I just want her to be proud of me at least, before she goes.” I reply, chocking on my tears.

“I know she doesn't say it but I’m sure she is proud of you, she knows you are trying, and in the end that’s all your mother and I ask.” My father replies with a smile.

All of a sudden the doctor comes out and tells us that we can go in to see her and that she is awake.

“Go on, you go in Lydia.” He says ushering me in. “I won’t be a minute.

I go around the corner making out like I’m going to head into my mother’s hospital room. Instead I listen to the conversation as I want to know what the doctor is going to say.

“So how long has she got left?” My father asks straight out.

“Afraid the disease is getting worse.” The doctor responds. “Maybe two months at the longest. I’m truly sorry." He simply says, as he turns to walk away.

I catch a quick glimpse of my dad as I see his tear soaked face. Seeing my dad like that only breaks my heart even more. Opp’s he has caught me spying. I turn to walk away knowing I’m going to be in huge trouble for listening in on dad’s conversation with the doctor. Instead I hear him walk up behind me as he grabs my shoulder to stop me from walking.

“Lydia.” He simply Whispers. “Come here.”

With that we both just hold each other and cry.

"We will get though this hun." He says. "We will pull through."



© 2014 cimmy wuv xxxooo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on July 6, 2014
Last Updated on July 6, 2014


Author

cimmy wuv xxxooo
cimmy wuv xxxooo

melbourne, Australia



About
Hey everyone im cimmonne (prounced simone) but everyone i know and love calls me cimmy. I'm unique and different and 100 percent me. I have a passion for writing and i want to share my writing with ev.. more..

Writing