Fugitives: Chapter 3

Fugitives: Chapter 3

A Chapter by Eva Sirois

     Later that night, I was in the small cabin that Jineya and I shared. It was late at night, and Jineya was combing my hair, when there was a knock at the door. Jineya set the brush down on the small bed beside me, and crossed the tiny threshold to the door. When she opened it, another slave called Aizel was standing there. He was a close friend of ours, and had made us some furniture with his free time.

    Jineya let him come in, and he sat on Jineya's bed, across from me. He stared at me with sad eyes. “I overheard the Master talkin' to Prince Esryn. You are to be sold t' him.”

    My mouth dropped open with horror. “No! Y-you're lying!”

    Aizel shook his head, and Jineya's hand flew to her mouth. I started to cry. “No! Please, I can't be sold to him!”

    Aizel was silent for a second. “You could flee.”

    My breath caught in my throat. “To Lythel?”

    Aizel nodded. “The journey will not be easy. Your steps would be dogged by him, and you may be caught or killed.”

    “I'll do it.” I stared at them both with determination. “My mother told me to flee to Lythel at the slave auction. I want to go.” My eyes turned beseeching as I looked toward Jineya. “Can you come with me?”

    She shook her head, and sat on the bed with me. “I'm sorry, Kya. I can't. My place is here.”

    Tears filled my eyes again. “I don't want to leave you,” I whispered, throwing my arms around her.

    Jineya gently hugged me back. “Don't worry, Kya. I'll always love you.”

    We sat like that for a long time. Finally, I wiped my eyes and looked at Aizel. “When and how do I leave?”



© 2011 Eva Sirois


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on May 8, 2011
Last Updated on May 8, 2011


Author

Eva Sirois
Eva Sirois

About
I'm a sophomore in high school, and I love to write. I spend most of free time writing when I'm not being drowned in homework or busy with jazz band and marching band. I typically write fantasy becaus.. more..

Writing