Fugitives: Chapter 10

Fugitives: Chapter 10

A Chapter by Eva Sirois

Preparations were made to leave immediately. If Prince Esryn and his band of slavecatchers were nearby, then it was only a matter of time before they checked the old couple's place, and discovered us.

    Granny Jasie objected. She said that Naya could not be moved, nor Torin. They both would have to stay.

    Razel was torn. He had a dedication to the fugitives; he was one of two of their leaders. However, he also had a duty to his wife and son; he just couldn't leave them. Naya settled that matter.

    “Go with them; they need you,” she murmured to him.

    “No. I'm not leaving you two,” he replied obstinately.

    “We'll be fine. Granny Jasie and Mister Lemuel will take care of us. Remember, I'll be their niece.”

    “I can't.” Razel spoke softer than a murmur.

    Naya put a hand on his. “You must.” They stared deep, deep into each other's eyes. I felt like I was intruding on the private moment, so I continued on by their room.


    When Razel came out, some while later, there were tears in his eyes, and he announced that he was coming with us. I was both saddened and overjoyed by the news. In some ways, it reminded me of the choices that my father made when he decided to flee to Lythel to start a new life for us.



© 2011 Eva Sirois


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on May 10, 2011
Last Updated on May 10, 2011


Author

Eva Sirois
Eva Sirois

About
I'm a sophomore in high school, and I love to write. I spend most of free time writing when I'm not being drowned in homework or busy with jazz band and marching band. I typically write fantasy becaus.. more..

Writing