Fugitives: Chapter 19

Fugitives: Chapter 19

A Chapter by Eva Sirois

I sat on my bed, crying. Tears streamed down my cheeks and soaked into my clothes. Ragged gasps tore inside of me. Over and over I replayed the scene in my mind. Esryn's eyes were wild, and his gleaming white scar stood out. “She was sick and dying! She may already be dead now! And all because of you.”

    My mother. The one person I loved the most, other than Asher. If I hadn't have let my fear run my head, I would have been reunited with her. She wouldn't have died. But I ran away, and she died of heartache.

    Echo walked into the room, and sat down beside me. She put an arm around me, and I leaned into her. “Ssh, Kya. Ssh.”

    “I killed her,” I whispered.

    “What?” Echo asked.

    “I killed her. I killed my mother. Esryn had bought her. She was at the palace. But she got sick and she died. All because I wasn't there. If I hadn't have run away, then I would be with her! She wouldn't be dead!”

    Echo took me firmly by the shoulder and made me look into her deep green eyes, with splotches of freckles across her face, framed by her chestnut hair. “Listen to me, Kya. You did not kill your mother. Do you understand? Even if you had been there, she still would have gotten sick. There was nothing you could do! It is not your fault!”

    I stared into her eyes. Part of me wanted to believe her, but... I looked away. “Thank you, Echo.” She took the hint and withdrew her arm.

    “See you later then.” She started out of the room, but paused and looked back. “I know that you haven't been eating, but tell me this. What good will it do to you if you starve yourself?” She turned and left.



© 2011 Eva Sirois


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on May 10, 2011
Last Updated on May 10, 2011


Author

Eva Sirois
Eva Sirois

About
I'm a sophomore in high school, and I love to write. I spend most of free time writing when I'm not being drowned in homework or busy with jazz band and marching band. I typically write fantasy becaus.. more..

Writing