The Team: Chapter 1

The Team: Chapter 1

A Chapter by Eva Sirois

Miles


    Sakom High School was just like any other high school. You got your bullies, your jocks, your snobby popular kids, your creative kids, your nerds, your delinquents. Kids being shoved into lockers daily, people making the kids give them their money, kids getting bullied. Pretty much a regular high school.

    Kids tried to blend in with the rest of the kids. You stand out, the bullies, jocks, and popular kids swoop in on you like a hawk sighting its prey. You blend in, they won't notice you. You try to disappear, trying to make it through a day without your name being called, without being noticed. The teachers pretend not to notice anything. What would they do? Most of the kids were bigger and stronger than the teachers.

    However, that was before everything happened. The thing that changed my life, and six other kids lives forever. Excuse me, I'm getting ahead of myself. My name is Miles. Computer nerd. I'm of small build, messy brown hair, glasses, blue eyes. I never had any friends. Even the other nerds thought I was a freak. So every day I immersed myself in my classes, getting A+'s on everything. Working with computers in my spare time. I take pride in myself on my ability on computers. I can do most things that can be done on a computer.

    Anyway, back to the story. I guess it started out on a day, just like any other day......


    I walked down the hall, trying desperately to stuff papers into my over-crowded book bag. Two of the jocks, and my worst taunters, were walking down the hall and saw me. Brock nudged his buddy Jensen, and they swerved to stand in front of me. Brock leaned against the lockers in front of me. “Hey, nerd,” he greeted me.

    I desperately looked around for help, but there was no one to leap to my side. Who would? In a world like Sakom High, it was bully or be bullied. I saw Cy down the hall, observing everything and writing in his black notebook. He was tall, with longish black hair that swept across his eyes, glasses, jade eyes, and an expressionless face. He was always writing in his black notebook, writing everything that he observed down. He was a solitary figure, but strangely no one spoke to him. No one took notice of him. It was like he didn't exist.

    My attention snapped back to Jensen and Brock. Jensen laughed. “Aw, he's tongue-tied.” Jensen leaned closer to me. “Huh? What's the matter, nerd?”

    I desperately started backing up, but Brock put a hand on my shoulder. Quick as a flash, Jensen opened up the nearest locker, and shoved me in it. I let out a shout of protest, but Jensen closed the door, and my world went dark.



© 2011 Eva Sirois


Author's Note

Eva Sirois
Each of the chapters is from a different point of view from the people on the team. It will always say who's point of view it is at the top

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on June 25, 2011
Last Updated on June 25, 2011


Author

Eva Sirois
Eva Sirois

About
I'm a sophomore in high school, and I love to write. I spend most of free time writing when I'm not being drowned in homework or busy with jazz band and marching band. I typically write fantasy becaus.. more..

Writing