The Team: Chapter 2

The Team: Chapter 2

A Chapter by Eva Sirois

Kessa


    I flounced down the hall, with a cowgirl suit on and cowgirl boots and hat. My hair was dyed blonde today, and my eyes were the blue of the sky. My hair was in two braids, and I had put freckles on my face. I was a cowgirl today.

    “Freak,” a burly freshman muttered, but I ignored him. I entered the stage room, and sat down in one of the chairs. Mr. Flynn, our drama teacher, was taking attendance. He gave me an expression of faint distaste when he saw me, but kept going on with attendance. “Tardy again, Kessa?” he asked.

    “What?” I whooped in a cowgirl's voice. “I am truly sorry sir, but I got held up in those dang halls again!” I would have continued, but Mr. Flynn cut me off.

    “Kessa, I am going to have to kick you out of the drama club if you are late again.”

    My mouth dropped open. “Now you, too? Is the world turning against me?” I fell dramatically. “Where art thou, Romeo?” I cried dramatically.

    As I colllapsed on the floor, I noticed Cy in the corner, writing down in his black notebook. He was certainly handsome, but a little to cold and expressionless for my taste. Wait....What the heck? Why was he here? Didn't he have like, study hall or something?

    I quickly forgot about Cy as Mr. Flynn growled, “Kessa! Stop showing off and sit back down! You're not the only one who can act, you know!”

    I sat up on the floor. The whole drama club was staring at me with dislike, as well as Mr. Flynn. Several things clicked into place. “That's it,” I realized. “You don't like me because I'm better at drama than you are.”

    A muscle jumped in Mr. Flynn's face. “Out!” he yelled. “Get out of my stage!”

    I shrugged, grabbed my backpack, and swept dramatically from the room. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Cy close his notebook and slip quietly out of a side door, and I wondered about what was so peculiar about Cy.



© 2011 Eva Sirois


Author's Note

Eva Sirois
Kessa dresses differently every day, changing hairstyles as well as colors via wigs and dyes. She also uses different colored contacts. One day she could be dressed as emo, the next a fairy godmother. No one knows what she really looks like, what her natural hair and eye color is, except for her family.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on June 25, 2011
Last Updated on June 25, 2011


Author

Eva Sirois
Eva Sirois

About
I'm a sophomore in high school, and I love to write. I spend most of free time writing when I'm not being drowned in homework or busy with jazz band and marching band. I typically write fantasy becaus.. more..

Writing