The Team: Chapter 9

The Team: Chapter 9

A Chapter by Eva Sirois

Miles


   Room 314, Friday, 2:15 p.m. That's what the little card read, anyway. I was on the third floor, searching. There was a room 313, and a room 315, but there wasn't a 314. Where the room should be was a blank wall.

   I walked up and down the hall in frustration, then decided to explore some dusty halls, ones that no one ever goes down them. I headed down one, and found a door with 314 on it. Excited and nervous, I pushed open the door.

   There was a round table with chairs around it, like what you'd expect in one of those government movies where they have their top-secret meetings. Lance was sitting at the head. He gestured to a free chair. “Miles. Take a seat.”

   I self-conciously took a seat, warily looking at the other people around the table. Sitting next to Lance was a boy, medium-height, with messy brown hair and faraway blue eyes. On Lance's other side was a young girl, a freshman, with Native American background. She had her fists clenched and looked like she very much liked to be elsewhere.

   Sitting in the chair next to me was a sophmore, a girl with fire-red hair with light orange freckles, dressed a deep-green V-neck blouse. She quickly glanced up and looked away. Her eyes were a deep olive-green that took my breath away.

   There was one more empty chair, but I took the one next to the girl and waited. I heard scribbling, and I looked around to see Cy in a corner, scribbling into his notebook. I tensed, staring at him. He paused in his writing, looked up and observed me with his expression-less face that he always seemed to wear, and I quickly looked away, unnerved.

   The door opened quietly and a small, black-haired girl slipped in and closed the door behind her. She looked around warily at all of us.

   “Please; take a seat,” Lance said, gesturing to the free chair on my left.

   Alia warily sat, poised for flight. Lance cleared his throat, and we all looked expectantly at him.

   “I think you all know who I am,” Lance began, oozing confidence.



© 2011 Eva Sirois


Author's Note

Eva Sirois
And this is where I stop. This is all I have written, and I don't know whether or not I'll ever continue this story, so sorry if you're disappointed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on June 25, 2011
Last Updated on June 25, 2011


Author

Eva Sirois
Eva Sirois

About
I'm a sophomore in high school, and I love to write. I spend most of free time writing when I'm not being drowned in homework or busy with jazz band and marching band. I typically write fantasy becaus.. more..

Writing