The Team: Chapter 3

The Team: Chapter 3

A Chapter by Eva Sirois

Julian

 

    I was sitting at the cafeteria table. I am medium height, with messy long brown hair, and faraway blue eyes. I am a history nerd. Currently, I am working on a project for Mrs. Barla, my history teacher.

    A couple of the snobby popular kids came up. “Hey, Julian,” one of them called.

   My head looked up from a study of the Battle of New Orleans. “Yes?”

   “Can you help me with this question?” She stuffed a paper under my nose.

   My face turned red. “No,” I said with difficulty.

   She raised her eyebrows. “I thought you were the smartest person at history!”

   My face flaming, I looked down at my intricate map. “I will not be used.”

   The girl �" Kaitlyn �" her face turned ugly. “Nerd!!” she hissed. Her buddy, a burly senior and his friend, grabbed my chair and threw it on the floor, causing me to go flying. They started ripping up my notes, maps, everything.

   “No!” I gasped. In the thick of things, I noticed Cy watching, but I couldn't concentrate on that now. I needed to stop them. “Hey! Leave them alone!”

   The senior put a foot on my chest, pushing me into the floor. “Are you standing up to us?”

   I hesitated, then noticed Cy still watching, and that made me angry. “Yes! I am!”

 

   Luckily, my arm only ended up being sprained, not broken. My nose will stop bleeding soon, and my black eye isn't so bad. Even though everything hurts.

   I felt a surge of anger. At the popular teenagers, at Cy, at everyone. And Cy. Why didn't he do something?



© 2011 Eva Sirois


Author's Note

Eva Sirois
Julian has rather a fiery temper and trust problems, as you will see later in the story

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on June 25, 2011
Last Updated on June 25, 2011


Author

Eva Sirois
Eva Sirois

About
I'm a sophomore in high school, and I love to write. I spend most of free time writing when I'm not being drowned in homework or busy with jazz band and marching band. I typically write fantasy becaus.. more..

Writing