The Team: Chapter 8

The Team: Chapter 8

A Chapter by Eva Sirois

Cy


   I waited outside of her math class. The bell rang, and the kids filed out, chattering. Alia came out last, throwing her book bag over her shoulder. I snagged her arm.

   She was startled. “Hey!” Then she saw who it was. “Oh, sorry. What do you want?”

   “I promised that I'd get back to you on that, and I intend to keep my promise,” I replied. “I need to talk to you. Do you mind ditching your next class?”

   Alia shrugged, but looked wary. “Whatever.”

   We went outside and sat on the benches. “My friend and I,” I began, “have created a team to stop the bullies of this school. We want you to join.”

   Alia blinked. “Wow, that wasn't very subtle.”

   I shrugged. “There are six people on the team right now, outsiders like you and me. Besides, we would also help people with their pasts.”

   Alia froze. “What does that supposed to mean?”

   My glasses flashed. “Alia, I know that you are hiding something. You have a big secret.” I opened my black notebook. “When you were two years old,” I said, reading, “there was a fire that killed your parents. You have lived in a foster home since. However, someone started that fire. And I'm betting that you know who that person is.”

   Alia jumped up. “Who the hell are you?!”

   I looked at her calmly. “I am Cy, a junior, and a solitary person. The question here is, who are you, Alia?”

   Shaking, she sat back down. “What are you going to do with this team?”

   I snapped my notebook shut. “Stop the bullying that goes on in this school. Help the people who need to be helped.”

   Alia raised an eyebrow. “Did you come up with this yourself?”

   I looked at the road, to where the cars were passing by. “No. Lance did.”

   “Lance? Who's Lance?”

   I look back at her, studying the wary, young girl. “A senior. He doesn't have a category exactly.” I hesitate, picturing him in my mind. “He's the confident type.”

   We sit there in silence for a few minutes. “So what now?” Alia asked.

   I shrug. “You either join our team or you don't.”

   “What happens if I don't?”

   I look at her over the top of my glasses. “Then you don't. And you'll regret it for the rest of your life at not putting the people who murdered your family in jail for the rest of their lives.”

   Alia considered that. “Are you bribing me?” I shrug. She smiles softly. “Well, I guess I take the bribe. I'm in.”



© 2011 Eva Sirois


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on June 25, 2011
Last Updated on June 25, 2011


Author

Eva Sirois
Eva Sirois

About
I'm a sophomore in high school, and I love to write. I spend most of free time writing when I'm not being drowned in homework or busy with jazz band and marching band. I typically write fantasy becaus.. more..

Writing