Erich - Five

Erich - Five

A Chapter by emily

Erich

            I had never been good at sleeping off long nights, and Saturday was no exception. I woke up in the morning to the realization that I still had a cig in my hand that, thank God, had only singed the sheets. The smell of smoke was still heavy in the air and, now that I was fully conscious and sober, made it impossible to get back to sleep.

            Since there were no windows and the lamp on the table had inexplicably gone out, the room was totally dark and had no idea what time it was. Feeling bored and restless, I climbed out of bed. No one else showed any signs to stirring: Gabe slept with his knees pulled up to his chest, Hersch flat out on his stomach with his glasses still on, and Jim curled around his bottle of whiskey. I snickered quietly at them and headed out of the room.

            Outside, it seemed to be late morning, but no one was around. I figured they were at breakfast, an event I could afford to miss, and took the opportunity to enjoy my solitude.

            The night before had not exactly gone as I had planned. I mean, I guess it worked out, since we beat the Wankers, but I hadn’t expected to get so friendly with the guys. I was a little concerned that I was headed down a path too much like the one I had ended up on back home; the combination of alcohol and guys I wanted to intimidate hadn’t exactly added up to success in Germany. But I had the feeling that this was different, that I knew better than to sink that low again.

            Much to my annoyance, my isolation was interrupted when a guy from Biology came racing down the path from behind me. He did a double take when he saw me, and I had the sudden feeling that I was somewhere I wasn’t supposed to be.

            “Amery?” he asked. I nodded. “Well, what the hell are you doing out here?”

            “What?”

            “It’s inspection day,” he yelled, already nearly running again, “Knight’s making his rounds, and he’s pissed!”



© 2011 emily


Author's Note

emily
This is kind of a "take it or leave it" chapter for me. If you feel that the story could do without it, let me know now

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well on one hand we know they passed because of Herschel's chapter, but it gives us insight into Erich's thoughts of the night.

.novelists.elite.info.
.display. .dakota.003.
.memberID. 003
.name. Dakota
.username. DakotaTrent
.novels. Saepe Expertus, Fratres Aeterni, Terminal Leave, Blood Stripes, Tag Chaser
.status. Admin, Novelist, noelwrimo Contestant
.noelwrimo. 11,261
.join date. 03-22-2011



Posted 12 Years Ago


Maybe the chapter had a purpose. To warn the boys to hide the whiskey and try to get rid of the smoke in the room. A interesting chapter. The next chapter will tell the tale. A very good chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

398 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 8, 2011
Last Updated on August 8, 2011

Sons of Thunder: Part One


Author

emily
emily

MN



About
Hello all! My name is Emily, I'm 20, I am definitely not at home in this tiny MN town, and soon I will be the most famous author my generation. I go to Barnes and Noble to see where my book will sit .. more..

Writing
Jim - One (Opener) Jim - One (Opener)

A Chapter by emily