Herschel's Log - Entry Twelve

Herschel's Log - Entry Twelve

A Chapter by emily

Saturday, April 19, 1941

Herschel’s Log

That goddamn back stabbing b*****d. I should have known Jim would try to wrap his monkey arms around my sister eventually. That guy just can’t keep his damn hands to himself. S**t! I should have known. I feel so stupid. Here I am trying to keep Rebecca safe a million miles away from home, and she still manages to get herself into trouble.

Believe me, I see right through her sad-eyed runaway act. I don’t know what the hell kind of trouble got her kicked out of her job in London, but now that I’ve got to take care of her on top of everything I have to deal with, she might have the consideration to keep her paws off my best friend. I don’t believe for a second that Jim is the only one to blame here. I’ve seen him go after girls, and he’s just about on the same level with Gabe! There is no way a he tricked a girl like Rebecca into doing anything completely by his own expertise. I’ve seen her do this before. Peter would come down here and kill Jim himself if he knew.

I know I might have been a little tough on both of them. After all, Rebecca has been through just as much as I have. It’s probably not fair to act like she has to live her new life bitter and alone just because I have to. But why did it have to be Jim? Jim is my best mate in this whole country and Rebecca is the last of my family. If they pull away from me to be with each other, I really won’t have anyone in the whole world to turn to.

God, I wish Kristen was here. I can tell Rebecca misses her, too, and Rebecca doesn’t exactly wear her heart on her sleeve. They were so close. Kristen would know what to say or do to make me feel better about this. Of course, if she was here I wouldn’t feel completely alone in the world and probably wouldn’t care what the hell Jim did. But I would give anything to see her face again. I like to think she would be proud of me, for making it this far and staying sane for so long. She used to love to talk about what our life together would be like if we really made it to England. I wish she could see it.

Goddamn it. I feel bad enough to kill myself when I think like that.

S**t, now look what I’m doing. I’m practically crying. And the guys will be back any minute. Hold it together, Herschel, there’s nothing you can do about it now. But that’s not what she would say. I’m right here, she would say, I understand. We’ve been through hell and we’ll make it through this too, she would say.

But she isn’t here. So all I can do is try and hold it together.



© 2011 emily


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

f**k.
intense.
usualy i dont really enjoy herschel's logs because they are like...
a little dry.
but thats just how his character is
but i really liked that one!
more .
more
more

and you just cant quit...
you cant!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

473 Views
1 Review
Added on October 30, 2011
Last Updated on October 30, 2011

Sons of Thunder: Part One


Author

emily
emily

MN



About
Hello all! My name is Emily, I'm 20, I am definitely not at home in this tiny MN town, and soon I will be the most famous author my generation. I go to Barnes and Noble to see where my book will sit .. more..

Writing
Jim - One (Opener) Jim - One (Opener)

A Chapter by emily