Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by Jamie Lee

Eva walked down the street listening to the click-clack of her boots as they struck the pavement. She pulled out a bottle of Chanel no.5 and spritzed herself behind the ears and on her cleavage. As she rounded the corner she glanced at the clear night sky, breathing in the brisk Chicago air and feeling her hair whip about her face. She tried to find the beauty that Bronne had mentioned in the skyline but was only reminded of her beloved home, the one in which she could never return. Eva sighed and let herself into her favorite diner, choosing a booth near the back. She eyed her watch anxiously and positioned herself facing the door so she could spot her company as soon as he entered. When she reached into her purse to find her phone her heart sped up as she realized she'd left it on the bed in her haste to leave the small apartment.


© 2010 Jamie Lee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
~there is such a smooth feel in this paragraph, but at the same time
a nuance of tense emotion...really wonderfully written...and i like
this sentence, "She tried to find the beauty that Bronne had mentioned in the skyline but was only reminded of her beloved home, the one in which she could never return."--it;s very expressive. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


I love this! I will keep reading.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 19, 2010
Last Updated on December 25, 2010


Author

Jamie Lee
Jamie Lee

Santa Cruz, CA



About
I'm just a girl trying to make it as a writer. I write what I know, which isn't a lot, but I am learning. 2011 is all about bettering myself as a writer, and I'll be putting every effort into achievin.. more..

Writing