Chapter Five

Chapter Five

A Chapter by Jamie Lee

Carlos allowed Eva to guide him to the alley, sighing in his mind. Sure he was attracted to her, how could anyone not be? She looked like Katy Perry and had the spirit of a wild cat- which proved to be a good trait to have in bed. He wasn't sure why he'd allowed this to happen. Bronne had been his best friend since they were boys. It's not like he'd never done this before--stolen a girl from him--but this time was different. He knew how Bronne felt about Eva, how much better he'd gotten once he met her. The suicidal stories dwindled and they became brighter; sophisticated with a sarcastic touch. He enjoyed reading what Bronne wrote now, at least when he let him read anything. And here he was, about to f**k his girlfriend in an alley.

 

Eva, I have to go.” He dropped her hand and turned her around. “I have an important meeting to attend tonight.” He looked at his watch for show, “actually, I should have been there seven minutes ago. Please forgive me.” She looked confused, startled almost.

 

Did I do something?” She asked.

 

Not at all my love, my mind left me when you called.” He smiled for good measure. “Let me call you a cab, it's too late for a beauty like you to be walking around by yourself.”

 

You have a meeting at nearly twelve-o'clock at night? Don't bullshit me, I've been doing it for years. What's going on?” She crossed her arms and squared him off.

 

You also have no idea what I do for work, so I think it's best we leave it at that.” He kissed her on the forehead and immediately felt remorse. How had he allowed it to come this far? Suddenly he felt angry, not only with himself but with her. How could she do this to him? Exasperated he turned to go, “I've got to go. I am already late. Go home and see if Bronne is okay, do it for me please.”


With that he left, not even turning to see what her reaction was.



© 2010 Jamie Lee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is amazing! I was just wondering in the last chapter if you were going to get into Carlos' head a little and allow your readers to see what he is about. I am glad that this story isnt simply about a guy banging his best friends girl. I am happy to see that there are reasons for things happening.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
1 Review
Added on December 19, 2010
Last Updated on December 25, 2010


Author

Jamie Lee
Jamie Lee

Santa Cruz, CA



About
I'm just a girl trying to make it as a writer. I write what I know, which isn't a lot, but I am learning. 2011 is all about bettering myself as a writer, and I'll be putting every effort into achievin.. more..

Writing