Boys Don't Cry : pg 4

Boys Don't Cry : pg 4

A Chapter by Fairy L

     One day, he said to himself- “I will prove the villagers wrong. I will work harder from now on and one day they will acknowledge me once again.” He got up even earlier each morning to run errands for the healer and did anything the villagers asked him to do." But that day of acknowledgment never came and he never received any of the praises he longed for. The villagers were not impressed and thought he only wanted attention. Nothing ever changed except he was kicked around more and called all kinds of dreadful names.

               Nonetheless, he never crumbled from the hardships of life and he always kept his composure. In the past it was not that easy to fight back the tears but he always had the reminder “Boys don’t cry…” ringing in his ears. It echoed like a distant memory that he could not recall. He knew that it was absolutely shameful for a boy to cry and that he would be the laughingstock of the whole village if he ever did. After all the the premise of the secret password that he once shared with the boys was that only wimps cried. He didn't want to give any more reasons for them to mock him and gradually the tears were held back.Soon enough, he never even felt the need to cry. Versai became tough, proud and independent. His main outlook in life was to accept things the way they were and to just move on. He thought “No sooner shall I shed a tear than drown myself in the sea.




© 2010 Fairy L


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

He tries his hardest to fit in and become accepted again yet they still deny him. I actually feel bad for him. I'm hoping for a happy ending.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on January 23, 2010
Last Updated on January 26, 2010


Author

Fairy L
Fairy L

NY



About
So why am I here? Its because I am completely frustrated with my story and I need HELP!!! lol...and along my journey to attempt transform my story into a book that people will love ( with major help o.. more..

Writing
Goodbye Goodbye

A Chapter by Fairy L


Goodbye... : pg 2 Goodbye... : pg 2

A Chapter by Fairy L