Friends : pg 9

Friends : pg 9

A Chapter by Fairy L

    The next day as soon Versai was finished with his morning chores, he raced toward the beach. He knew he still had chores to do, but he thought slipping away for an hour won't be a problem. However, his exuberant smile became a gloomy frown when he arrived at the beach. To his disappointment, he was again, the only person on the beach. He started calling out Serene's name in hope that she may come out of the sea to greet him but no one ever appeared. He spent so much time looking for her that he knew the healer would soon come searching for him once he realized that he was missing. He returned home cheerlessly.

          Since he spent so much time looking for her, his chores piled up and he wasn't able to return to the beach until it was next evening, right before dinner. He ran there as fast as he could knowing that he only had a few minutes to meet her. He called out again to her, but to his dismay only the sound of the tides returned his call. He soon rushed home again for dinner.


           The next day at sunset, he didn't run to the beach - he walked. He didn't think she would return and thought what was the point in racing over to be disappointed again. When he got to the beach, he sighed as he began collecting pebbles. He was startled when he heard a familiar voice say " You don't learn from your mistakes, do you?" There she was on the rock, her blond hair blazing like the hot sun.


Versai instantly dropped his pebbles and guiltily said " Serene! I'm sorry!! I never..."


Serene finished the sentenced " Thought you would see me again? "


Versai stammered as he said " I....I won't ever do it again! I really am sorry! I don't have anyone to really talk to so I guess this pebble throwing sort of became a bad habit of mine...I was hoping to see you again and thought maybe we can be friends...but I guess you wouldn't want to be friends with somebody like me."


Serene could see how earnest he was in his apology and how lonely he was. She said  "Its alright. Just please don't throw pebbles anymore. It is my home and many other sea creatures. I never had any human friends before...but I guess I can try! During most times of the day I'm deep below the sea but I usually come up on to surface to watch the sunset. So I can meet you here everyday at sunset.....sorry, what's your name?"


Versai happily told her his name.


          After that day, Versai always went to the beach at sunset to meet his new friend. Serene taught him many things about the earth, the sky and the sea. He was always thankful that the magical sea, which was once not thought of anything but the sea, has brought them together. Everyday seemed like a wonderful dream that he never wanted to wake up from.



© 2010 Fairy L


Author's Note

Fairy L
what do you think of the dialogue?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

"He ran there as fast as he can" can I think should be changed to could since the whole story is in past tense. Other then that I'm really enjoying the story. I'm happy Serene returned and Versai finally has a friend.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 23, 2010
Last Updated on April 29, 2010


Author

Fairy L
Fairy L

NY



About
So why am I here? Its because I am completely frustrated with my story and I need HELP!!! lol...and along my journey to attempt transform my story into a book that people will love ( with major help o.. more..

Writing
Goodbye Goodbye

A Chapter by Fairy L


Goodbye... : pg 2 Goodbye... : pg 2

A Chapter by Fairy L