Ingrediants for Disaster

Ingrediants for Disaster

A Chapter by Jules
"

shopping!!! woot!!

"

Noah’s watch beeped by his ear where his hand lay on the pillow, at exactly 6 a.m. He was already half awake despite his late night and rolled with ease out of bed, dragging the sheet of the bed with him. Showering lazily and taking his time dressing, Noah padded bare foot out of the room and down the hallway. He knocked lightly on Khya's door as he passed, poking his head round the door to order her to be downstairs in the kitchen by half past 7. Groaning she rolled of the bed, hitting the floor with a bang making her wake up properly. Clambering to her feet she dressed in some of the clothes Noah had packed and headed downstairs cautiously. In the kitchen Noah stopped to listen to her coming down the stairs before continuing to peel an orange lazily. Khya appeared looking rather dazed but mostly awake and Noah smiled that her broadly.

“Good morning? Sleep well? Are you ready to go shopping soon?”

“Dear god! I agreed to go out with a morning person and shopping? Surely it’s too early to go shopping now or is it later than I think?”

“No it’s just gone 7.20, and it is never too early to go shopping when you’re me.” He replied mystically. “Do you want to eat before we go?”

She shook her head, so Noah ate the last segment of his orange before leading the way back out to the garage. The journey was short, as no one else seemed to be up yet which Khya thought was very sensible. Noah pulled to a stop in the pedestrian area of a small cobbled street that she knew all the shops here were designer and definitely wouldn’t be open yet; would they? He held the car door open and she hopped out feeling much more awake and enthusiastic about the morning. Leading the way, as he seemed to enjoy doing, Noah showed her into a small boutique, lit by numerous spotlights, the walls panelled with mirrors and the floor polished silvery-black granite. Each wall was lined with silver rails full of numerous dresses, each one that took her breath away.

“What is this place Noah?”

“Welcome to my friend Quinn’s, here he is now! Quinn, can I leave Khya in your capable hands? I have some shopping to do of my own.” With that he kissed Khya on the cheek, slapped Quinn on the back and left the shop quickly. Quinn turned to her eyeing her up and down, before grapping her by the hand and shoving her into a changing room.

“Right love, lets do as the handsome man says and get you kitted out, clothes off Miss. Now what’s the occasion, if I know my Noah it will be some big fancy do.”

“It’s a wedding, his sister’s, and you’ll need to know my size it’s…”

“I know what it is.” He intersected her, already passing her some dresses through the door. “Now try these on like a good girl.”

“Yes sir,” she replied smiling at him coyly in the mirror as he poked his head round the door to inspect the first dress. He shook his head at it,

“No it’s the completely wrong colour. Next.”

This continued for almost half an hour, until he decided that they had found the perfect one. He whisked it away to pack it carefully in a giant silver box with tissue and a bow.

“Thank you Quinn, you’re a genius, thank you. Do you know where I have to go now?”

“Noah told me to send you across the road to Adelaide’s shop, she sells shoes and bags and general glitzy things, it gorgeous over there, have fun love and get something dazzling to match that dress of yours. I’ll put this box in the car for you and I slipped a little added bonus in there for you.” He winked at her cheekily holding the door open for them. “Now off you go.”

“But what about paying for it?”

“Noah’s got it all sorted, now go girl and have a wonderful time.”

She hurried across the street to the shop Quinn had pointed out to her and knocked on the door lightly. To her surprise Noah opened the door and ushered her in.

Adelaide couldn’t make it so she gave me the key, help your self.” Then he disappeared out the back again. She stared after him, then decided captivated by her surroundings of shoes and bags to do as he said. Sitting on one of the plush velvet stools and drew off her trainers and began to search for the perfect pair of shoes. Eventually she settled on a simple pair of silver stilettos, held in place by two straps that were single rows of glittering diamante with sharp steel heels. She placed them in a velvet lined box and then let her eyes skim of the bags hanging on the walls. Noah came back in carrying two boxes of his own to find Khya balancing on her stool trying to reach a small silver silk clutch bag hanging high up on the wall. Mesmerised by the glossy shine of the bag and the glittering diamond shell that formed the clasp, Khya didn’t realise he was there behind her until she slipped off the stool holding the bag and landed in his arms.

“Hasn’t anyone ever told you that you shouldn’t stand on unstable stools to reach something high up, you might slip and land in the arms of some unsuspecting stranger or just fall on to the floor with a thud.” He grinned at her and she smiled back laughing softly.

“I definitely prefer the prior, thank you for catching me now may I get down please.”

“Of course, is that everything you need madam?”

“I believe so sir; if you could put the bag with that box with the shoes in I will be ready to go to the next shop.”

They laughed their way through the rest of the morning, Noah dazzling her in the jewellery store with diamonds and Khya startling him by having her hair stripped of its fake reddish-blonde and pink colour to reveal it original startling white blonde. She tossed her white mermaids mane smiling at her reflection.

“I missed my real hair colour,” she admitted to Noah while they drove home as she had to reprimand him constantly to keep his eyes on the road rather than her hair.  He grinned at her and then finally listened to her and they managed to get home safely. He helped her to carry all her boxes up to the room he had lent her then asked her what she wanted for lunch. Suddenly it dawned on her what was happening this afternoon and she didn’t feel very hungry after all and she told him so, but leaving out the reason. He smiled at her understandingly and disappeared down the corridor into what she assumed was his room.



© 2009 Jules


Author's Note

Jules
be honest like always :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

221 Views
Added on September 20, 2009


Author

Jules
Jules

wouldn't you like to know!



About
Hi I'm Jules! i am 19 and have writen seriously since about senior school. i will read literally anything although not erotica and i'm not big on poetry :S i love romance stories and am a sucker f.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Jules


Part 1 Part 1

A Chapter by Jules


Part 2 Part 2

A Chapter by Jules