Maybe Kitchens are Safe?

Maybe Kitchens are Safe?

A Chapter by Jules
"

returning to her haven :D

"

In the kitchen almost everyone stopped to look at Khya as she entered the room, until the head chef clapped his hands and they bent their heads back to their work reluctantly. He came over to her smiling though she knew from having been in his position running a kitchen was hard work and it did not pay to have strangers in there interrupting and getting in the way.

“How may I help you mademoiselle?”

“I do not mean to interrupt simply to watch and perhaps taste and learn.” He stared at her and then exclaimed,

“Khya! My dear I did not recognise you have changed much since I took you under my wing, why my scruffy sous chef has become a veritable butterfly. Do you still cook?”

“Of course as does Jonas, I still see him from time to time, but he is yet to match your genius Francois.”

“Ah my little budding genius, he still experiments then. Oh some of the disasters he has created in the past…”

“He still does create disasters, but little and often now. May I help?”

“No, no, you obviously did not come here to help me cook or even to catch up on old times and I would not have you spoil your lovely gown. Tell Chef Francois what is wrong ma Cherie.”

“I had a disagreement with a fellow guest that is all.”

“A disagreement or you taking offence and storming off leaving him none the wiser of what he had done wrong.”

“You know me to well Francois, I suppose I didn’t give him a chance to ask what was wrong but then it wasn’t a normal situation.”

“Still go and enjoy yourself there is no reason to stay hidden in the kitchen all day.” She grinned at him and he grinned back shooing her out of the kitchen ahead of him and closing the door after her.

She glided back through the crowds of people following them through the French doors out into the sunlight, looking reluctantly around the guests for Noah. She spotted him near the front of the all the chairs lined up from the ceremony and slowly went to join him. He smiled at her when she sat down next to him and she scowled back making you’re dead signals with her hand. This just made him grin more, even when he heard the clacking of heels on the paving stone indicating his mother was approaching, he just threw a quick glance at her over his shoulder before pulling a startled Khya close and kissing her passionately. She started to melt into him and then he broke away.

“I’m sorry my love I know you didn’t want anyone to know yet, but we shouldn’t hide our love.” His gaze bored into her and she realised he truly did mean he was sorry and that she only needed to follow his lead. He trailed kisses up her jaw and stopped by her ear to whisper. “Please.”

She blushed slightly at the tightening in her stomach, even though she knew he did not know the effect he was having on her and nodded reluctantly, sealing the deal with an impulsive kiss. Celia had reached them by now and coughed politely. Reluctantly Noah pulled away a second time and smiled at his mother charmingly.

“Mother! How nice of you to join us, we have saved you a seat. Here.” He moved his suit jacket and she sat down graciously, smiling at what she now assumed were the happy couple. Celia opened her mouth to talk to ask something and then the string quartet began to play the wedding march.

“Ooo!” she exclaimed, “This is it!” they all turned in their seats and watched with anticipation as the bride waltzed down the aisle. Noah raised his eyebrows at Khya grinning before turning to watch as well.

 



© 2009 Jules


Author's Note

Jules
who loves weddings? i dont cos i feel lonely :C

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

226 Views
Added on September 20, 2009


Author

Jules
Jules

wouldn't you like to know!



About
Hi I'm Jules! i am 19 and have writen seriously since about senior school. i will read literally anything although not erotica and i'm not big on poetry :S i love romance stories and am a sucker f.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Jules


Part 1 Part 1

A Chapter by Jules


Part 2 Part 2

A Chapter by Jules