Caviar and Celia

Caviar and Celia

A Chapter by Jules
"

Avoid over bearing mothers at weddings it leads to all sorts of problems especially if you're the son :S

"

The night before she had been too tired to investigate her room and that afternoon she discovered her bathroom. It was heavenly; all black shiny granite and mirrors. Khya decided to wallow for a while, pinning her hair on top of her hair to keep it dry and pouring copious amount of ‘Molten Brown’ bubble bath into the deep ceramic bath. When she got out she dabbed herself dry and then pulled on a thong and unpinned her hair to let it hang loose. Fortunately she didn’t need to wear a bra with the dress, or either of the two Noah had picked for her would have shown through the delicate material. She carefully unpacked the dress, surprised when a flimsy negligee of champagne coloured lace and silk floated to the floor with the tissue; a surprise present from Quinn. Then having gently zipped up the dress, Khya sat carefully at the dressing table so as not to crease it and worked on her hair French plaiting each side to reveal her delicate cheekbones and sweeping the carefully arranged curls up to cascade down her neck. The whole sculpture was securely pinned in place, studding her hair with diamante headed grips and sprayed liberally with both fixing and glossing spray. Next came jewellery and make up, a simple affair of diamond drop earrings and necklace, shaped like shells and the matching bracelet and ring, along with some discrete blusher and a few sweeps of mascara. Bag and shoes was all that was left and by then it was almost 3 o’clock and as she began clipping on her shoes, Khya heard the first guests arrive greeted by Noah and a sea of mini quiches or caviar on crackers. She dawdled her way along the corridor, hearing yet more people arrive and then stopped nervously at the top of the stairs before fixing a smile on her face and descending on them all gracefully.

Noah’s mother had arrived almost first, so she could control the whole event as much as possible. Already she had started to question about him about Khya’s whereabouts and what she was like and why she hadn’t met her already and how glad she was to find out that he had a girlfriend as she had been beginning to worry her only son was gay. Quiet a few people stopped and stared at Celia Dawson’s outrageous comment before a gasp rose from people near the magnificent staircase and their attention was drawn to the source of this gasp. Noah and his mother turned and looked too, Noah breaking out in a broad smile at the dazzling sight of Khya descending the stairs. He waved discretely to her and she made way through the crowds to him.

“You look breathtaking my dear,” he greeted her holding out an arm for her. Turning to his mother he introduced her to Khya with grace trying not to smirk with satisfaction.

“Lovely to meet you Khya, are you enjoying yourself? And stop your smirking Noah you look like a cat that’s got the cream.”

Khya shot a grin at Noah before flying through polite conversation with his mother until it came to an abrupt halt when she surprised them by asking,

“It was lovely talking to you, now I want to ask my son when he is going to ask his charming young lady to marry him.”

Khya stared at her in shock, turning to Noah for support. For a moment he looked equally flabbergasted but recovered quickly and shot back at her,

“Why would I need to do that mother?” it was her turn look surprised. “We’re already married aren’t we dearest?” Khya stared at him even more shocked than when Celia had mentioned engagement. But Noah covered his tracks quickly.

“Yes I know we weren’t going to tell anyone yet but they had to be told some time.” She still couldn’t stop staring at him, then recovering she shot out a hand and slapped him hard.

“How could you!” Khya cried at him before stalking away and hiding in the only place she could think of other than going back up the stairs to her room in full view of everyone, the kitchen. Noah tried to follow her, hold a hand to his smarting cheek, but she moved surprisingly quickly for someone wearing very high heels and he lost her in the crowds of people. He didn’t understand why she was so angry; she should have known he was only lying to his mother to stop her questioning them so much. Now he had little choice but to attend the wedding alone and search for her afterwards, so he followed the crowds outside reluctantly.



© 2009 Jules


Author's Note

Jules
have fun say what ever you are thinking :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

234 Views
Added on September 20, 2009


Author

Jules
Jules

wouldn't you like to know!



About
Hi I'm Jules! i am 19 and have writen seriously since about senior school. i will read literally anything although not erotica and i'm not big on poetry :S i love romance stories and am a sucker f.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Jules


Part 1 Part 1

A Chapter by Jules


Part 2 Part 2

A Chapter by Jules