Chapter 09

Chapter 09

A Chapter by Leo Bojalil
"

The Universe conspired against itself and the beginning of times is lost and confused and only one Space Traveler accompanied with the first Transgender AI and a retired God must explore the Universe

"

Nine.


Having downloaded all the mission information assigned with the code name " Memo and Oficio Mission" (MOM) let´s be clear that in some occasions the agents do not have a lot of creativity for naming things and they both agreed not to complicate their existence, so the MOM information contained specific instructions for using the little metal cube that is was given to them which holds all the tools for the mission.


It´s good to say that the agents were using the most advanced technology available that the Budget Department for Super-Secret Confidential Missions can assign to them and really it was not that bad. The little metal thing is a SentiCube which belongs to a new trend in technology known as Bio-Mental Generation Tech. This type of technology connects your thoughts with the SentiCube through an emotional link and the whole inventory is downloaded into the brain and synchronized, when somebody need something it´s just a matter of thinking it and the Cube through its Trans-Reality Interface will be tasked to physically generate the object in question, as long as the object or tool is included on the list of the assignment inventory. This technology also saves a lot of space because another of its functions is to use the SentiCube as a unit of extra-dimensional storage being like a backpack with small bags in other dimensions where you can store whatever you want within the space limits of the bags of course; this feature was immediately used by the agents as they could store their lunch leftovers.


Upon leaving the Universal Congruency Agency located at the point where no matter where you go, well... you arrive, just outside you can go to where you are about to get before entering, right around this point are located the stairs that guide you to the top of the building and have access to the launch pad designated as PL52. For many, the view from the deck can be quite overwhelming and confusing as hell, this is some of the places where you can enjoy without restriction a small part of the Universal Cosmoway including all the points and intersecting roads, meta sections, infra-adjacency, the almost I get there, entrances, exits and re-entering’s flowing freely taking their own directions, speed, and color, which depends a lot on what mood they are. If you are not used to the forms, shapes, sounds and demeanor of the roads that are prowling here and there, instead of enjoying the sensory kaleidoscope of the Cosmoway you can suffer from Hitchhike Vertigo which is not very nice to experiment, especially after eating, but this was not the case for Agents Memo and Oficio whom take daily the public transport to go to work and this has made them immune to all most any type of conditions they might suffer in the process of going from one point to another. Memo always refers to this one time when he says it was he who broke one of the many premises of the physical matter where a body can't occupy the same space as another one, he says it happened on a Friday morning at rush hour and it was payday, he always uses the Centimeter, an efficient high-speed transport that relatively decreases the size of the passengers according to the density of how they fill the wagons, but no matter how big or small  Memo reports that one of such users gave him a shove to get out of the crowded car when suddenly he was occupying the same space as another passenger but just after a brief moment another passenger pushed him back to normal. Obviously Oficio doesn’t believe much, rather he thinks that Memo ran inadvertently with a Grenetino, a race of beings from the planet Solublem which are not very pleasing to the eye with their semi-transparent and highly gelatinous body as they are usually seen with things floating inside them arguing to their great sense of fashion and Interbody Art, a complete feast for the eye all the stuff that can be found inside them, Oficio believes that Memo approached too much to one of them and then briefly became a work of gelatinous ephemeral body art.


As the agents were discussing whether Memo broke the parameters of matter or had a close encounter of the gelatinous type, they reached the top of the building addressing the PL52 platform to download the assigned transport. The two agents were very surprised; to move around the Universe and complete their mission they got one of the latest models of Zero Radioactive Emission Spaceships with an intelligent navigation system. The agents connected to their corresponding Senticube accessing the inventory and selected the dedicated transport. The instant the item got selected it began to form itself in front of them in a small burst of air generated by the Team of Nano-constructors, the creative and technical guild assigned for the Senticubes.


Memo and Oficio had the utmost respect for this profession for all their hard work and highly bureaucratized system of achievements, for example, the annoying  and arduous guild sessions to discuss the best working conditions within the Nano-societies, obviously you can found problems as everywhere else but in the end the Nano-constructors are highly respected in most of the Universe since they closed the deal to be the official suppliers responsible for the instant constructions of the Senticube, they even succeeded for the approval to redesign their uniforms leaving aside the Sub chromatic ones for a more modern and trendy one with the latest subatomic fashion.

The Nano-constructors did their job properly meaning by this that the Agents watched as a holographic print transport was coming to be and a lot of colored lights and sparks drew the shape of the object while it was generated. For the construction of anything the Nano-constructors don't really need any of that visual spectacle, the reality is that for a Supra-atomic creature just as Memo and Oficio the object just suddenly appear in front of them in a very simple way with nothing much, but to make it look more spectacular and generate more expectation the Nano-constructors added all the visual paraphernalia to give a more Techy flavour to it.


Already with the generated assigned transport, Memo and Oficio boarded the ship which resembled the traditional representation of a drop of water but in a horizontal form, the rounded part formed the cabin tapering all the way to the back giving that characteristic droplet form covered in this checkmate-white paint that induces the ship with a futuristic retro look that it is so trendy now days. The agents already inside the ship perfectly accommodated in their seats and initialize the main commands unfurling a holographic screen in front of them opening at the same time a front panel that gave them an outside view a little over 180 degrees view of the exterior and last but not least all the other little buttons and levers appeared where they should be.


Within the floating screen of the navigation system, the start program initiated automatically and a female voice came from the speakers of the ship presenting herself.


- Good afternoon Agents Memo and Oficio, my name is Humberta and I will be your long distance assistant for the purpose of this mission. As of right now you can contact me directly through the Remote Assistance Comlink that is located one each side of your seats, if you are so kind to plug them into your ears so we can continue with the details of the mission.


After saying the last, Memo and Oficio took the communicators that looked like some small headphones that go inside the ear, they placed them in his right ear and they felt how the gizmo inside transformed into some kind of rough liquid which got absorbed by their inner ears making so that a considerable number of nanobots will function as link to communicate with Humberta. The Agents were very surprised by all the advances in the Bio-Mental Generation Tech and amazed as they where they continued listening inside their heads to Humberta.


- Testing Communication with agents Memo and Oficio, testing, one, two, three, over. - Oficio slightly moved his mustache answering the call. 


- Agent Oficio here receiving loud and clear without any signal interference problem, I hope my fellow Memo has no problem with communications either, over. - Oficio said while looking at Memo who was inspecting all the little buttons when he felt a slap in the hand by his partner to get his attention and respond to Humberta’s calling, Memo rubbed his hand and answered. 


-  I’m sorry Humberta, nice to meet you, we hear you, or is it thinking you?....anyhow, Memo here, everything you say loud and clear but so you know please don´t believe everything Oficio says about me, I can pay you attention while inspecting the ship, the truth is that there are many buttons and levers and lights but so far so good Humberta, by the way, can I call you Berta? Over, is it over? Yes, I think so, over - Oficio simply made a gesture of disapproval waiting the response from the assistant. 


- Hello agents, I’m glad there are no interference and communication problems, everything seems to work perfectly and Memo, to answer your question, the answer is no, my name is Humberta and I would appreciate if you refer to me by my full name, my parents invested enough time to name me as it is for anyone to use a variant, in addition we can all preserve the professionalism that characterizes us, but passing to more important matters and focus on mission information. As you well know, it’s very important to keep the information totally secure and above all maintaining a high level of confidentiality because of the delicacy of the objectives, looking for the Beginning of Times is not a small thing.


When the two agents listened to the purpose of the mission trough someone else's voice they realized the magnitude of what they were about to embark, they turned to see each other a little worried and continued listening to their assistant.


- Being so I have been entrusted to inform you the latest Intel that we have about the allegedly whereabouts of the Beginning of Times which will call for future reference BT �" Memo and Oficio nodded his head as much as a bureaucratic way they could do just like when someone is reviewing some documents for an application and the applicant provided all the information properly, even they narrowed their eyes and grimaced with their lips to give more a cache look; Humberta continued with the report- we have a tip from the department of Transmuted Gossip and Hearsay, they deciphered a conversion between a regular customer from the Dinner called “All Fried” and the owner-waitress by the name Rita, in this conversation an allusion was made to someone who claimed to have seen the first thing ever created, so the gossip analysts inferred that it could be BT. With this information, I am pleased to report you that this is the first destination to begin with your mission, go to this Dinner and talk to Rita, just as I mentioned this is all the information we have so far so I urge you to seize it and make it for the best as a good starting point for your investigation.


The officers smiled to see their mission was officially initiated and were all excited about being true Agents of the Universal Congruency Agency.


- Agents Memo and Oficio, have a safe journey and if you have any questions, comments or suggestions be so kind to contact me. Just the same if I have something to make it to your knowledge I will reach you effectively and efficiently, good luck agents, over and out. 


- Agent Oficio over and out. 


- Memo out and nervous and over I think.


Without further ado Oficio began typing the coordinates for the Dinner “All Fried” while Memo continued to inspect the little buttons and levers of the ship when a slight movement distracted him from his research to realize that they have taken off entering Ark Flight Mod, Memo and Oficio never understood perfectly how to travel through the Universe with modality, something about not traveling at the speed of light but rather travel in the light or something like that, so without asking much more they rested in their very comfortable seats with optional massage included and let the autopilot of the ship take them to their first destination.



© 2016 Leo Bojalil


Author's Note

Leo Bojalil
© Copyright 2016 - All work is property of León Felipe Gual Bojalil, any duplication or reproduction of all or part of the work without explicit permission by the author is illegal.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Added on June 17, 2016
Last Updated on June 17, 2016
Tags: Sci-fi, space opera, space travel, funny, irreverent, fantasy, Artificial Intelligence, Gods, Universe, Time


Author

Leo Bojalil
Leo Bojalil

Montreal, Quebec, Canada



About
Human according to science but I have my doubts!! Up today a Freak all the way from my mind to possibly my soul. Illustrator and Dream Writer always manipulated by my inner monster who live betwee.. more..

Writing
Chapter Zero Chapter Zero

A Chapter by Leo Bojalil


Chapter 01 Chapter 01

A Chapter by Leo Bojalil


Chapter 02 Chapter 02

A Chapter by Leo Bojalil