Chapter 10.

Chapter 10.

A Chapter by lilfeather
"

the 10th chapter

"
Jason wanted to play hockey, and within an hour of everyone finally making an appearance downstairs to prove their ability to wake up, he was urging them out the door.

"It's a beautiful day outside," Jason said, sitting in the armchair and trying to rub a scuff mark off one of his rollerblades. He eyed his brothers. From the couch, Michal's eyes were fixed on the TV to some movie. He didn't recognize it, but there was currently a pretty good fight scene on that actually caught Jason's attention for a moment. Ian was on the cordless phone, smiling and talking too low for anyone to hear. Jason assumed he was on with that same girl.

And Conner. Conner was sitting on sitting on the couch, also watching TV, and likely just sitting there because Judy had suggested he hang out with his new brothers. He didn't look very comfortable. Jason assumed he could get him to come; he doubted this kid could stand up to anybody and disagree if someone directly told him to do something.

"Didn't anyone hear me?" Jason persisted. "Why am I suddenly invisible?"
Michal picked up the controller and put the TV louder.

"Oh no you didn't." Jason shook his head, dropping his rollerblade and exchanging it for his hockey stick, which he was able to reach Michal with. He hit him in the knee.

"F****r!" Michal shouted, grabbing the end of the hockey stick. "Don't make me shove this up your a*s, Jason."

"Wanna try? Let's take it on the street, Michal."

Michal let go of the stick and rubbed his knee. "Chill for a bit, man� Jesus�"

Jason poked him again. "Fifteen minutes, we're going. I'm driving out to that place by Ned's. A lot of people play there, it'll be easy to get a pick-up game going."

Michal shook his head, glaring at Jason.

"That's right, baby," Jason persisted. "You work up that anger. That's what you need to win. Keep it up and you can be on my team."

"Jason, I'm about to kick your a*s."

"Alright, that's fine. That's fine. Just wait until you got the puck between us, alright? I'd hate to take you out before that."

"Oh, you think that's what would happen, huh?"

Jason just grinned at him and tapped at the floor with the hockey stick.

"How about you?" He looked at Conner. "You play hockey?"
Ian looked at Conner and then laughed, shaking his head at Jason. "You want an eleven year old white boy to play with you and the guys you play with? You are crazy, Jason."

"Why am I crazy? I played when I was eleven."

"You also killed somebody when you were eleven," Michal said.

Jason burst out laughing. "Please. That would be pretty impressive of me. Conner, do you play?"
Conner was more focused on hoping Jason wouldn't hit him with the hockey stick too than actually thinking about playing. Of course he'd played hockey before, and he could rollerblade, but he wasn't great and apparently Jason nearly played as a living. "I've played," he said slowly.

"You wanna come?" Jason asked. He thought about it and rephrased. "You're coming, okay?"

Conner looked confused. Why was it necessary he come? He suddenly didn't want to play anymore. "I can't..."

"You can't what?"

Conner just stayed quiet.

"He can watch," Michal said. "No need having him get killed his first week here."

"Fine, but eventually we have to toughen him up," Jason answered. "O'Rileys play hockey. Period."

"It's so much better in the winter," Ian complained. He was now off the phone.

"But it's not winter time, is it?" Jason retorted. "So whatta you gonna do about it?"

"Watch TV."

"Bullshit, Ian. You owe me."

"For what?"

"For what? Jesus. Where do I start?" Jason tapped his fingers on the arm of the chair dramatically. "Hmm� How about when you owed Jimmy that money?"

Ian made a face, obviously remembering the event. "Oh please."

"Yeah, oh please. That's exactly what you said to me."

Ian rolled his eyes. He knew damn well he was going to play, it was just so much more fun egging Jason on like this before agreeing.

"Can you argue elsewhere?" Michal complained.

Ian just smirked. "Or just quit arguing. Jason comes home and it's like a disaster again. We'll go when this is over." He pointed at the TV. "Okay, Jason?"

"F**k yeah." Jason slapped him again with the stick. "You know damn well."

Ian rubbed his knee and shook his head. "Jason, f**k off."

"Can we get food out after while we're there?" Michal asked.

"Sure, sure," Jason replied. "I'll tell ma." He looked at Conner. "Conner, do you have any skates or rollerblades?"

"No." Conner shook his head.

"Okay. We'll fix that."

"Jason, he's not playing," Michal objected.

"Are you ma?" Jason retorted.

Michal gave him a look.

"What if he wants to f*****g play, Michal?" Jason persisted.

"I think you're scaring him," Michal replied. "And I don't think he wants to play."

"What doesn't scare this f*****g fairy," Jason muttered as he got to his feet with the stick. "I'm getting a beer. Then this show better be over." He looked at the couch. "What good are you all..."


© 2008 lilfeather


Author's Note

lilfeather
Ok, im mad. I have gotten sevral complaing letters from the user"applelover" telling to quite swearing in my writing. I will not quite, this how these boys talk, end of story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

:D I like this one.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
1 Review
Added on July 4, 2008


Author

lilfeather
lilfeather

About
Things About Me Almost all of my writing is based off of people in my school. My real name is Lily. Im just a kid, teenager, whatever you want to call me. I am one of the biggest Eminem fans EVER. I l.. more..

Writing