Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Alisha Heistand

It's the first day of freshman year for Lacy Catherine, Morgan Rose and Tara Rubio. Lacy and Morgan had texted eachother the previous night to see eachother's outfits. Lacy was wearing American Eagle jean shorts and a yellow Lady Gaga t-shirt she had gotten over the summer. Morgan was wearing blue and yellow checkered shorts and a green tank top with a lacy black overthrow. It was a beautiful morning; even at 6:45 the sun was shining. Morgan was anxious to get out of the house. Her wish was soon granted because her bus came early.

 

When she got to the school, Lacy rushed up to greet her in her usual hug. The two pulled back and were about to say something when they were interrupted by Tara.

 

"Well don't you two look like you coordinated. How cute." she said icily

 

"What's wrong, Tara?" Lacy asked innocently

 

"Nothing. I'm sorry, I'm just...tired." Tara said

 

"It's so warm outside. Why would you wear all black, silly?" asked Morgan

 

"Because I felt like it. I didn't know you were my fashion coordinator or my mother." Tara snapped

 

Morgan decided to let that one slide because Tara was tired. She wasn't normally a morning person; she seemed to like her space.

 

"Well...um, okay then. I'll see you guys at lunch, I've gotta find the others." Lacy said, walking away.

 

Morgan knew it was mostly because of the akward tension. She looked at Tara, who stood there, watching Lacy go.

 

"Always the cool one, huh? You never have time for us." Tara said under her breath.

 

Morgan heard her, pretending not to once Tara turned to her.

 

"Why don't we go find our first class, then?" Morgan asked

 

"Whatever." said Tara

 

My isn't she pleasant this morning, Morgan thought to herself.

 

 She guessed that Tara had another fight with her mother this morning. It seemed to happen quite a bit with the two. Tara's mother came home drunk most nights, looking in the liquor cabinet for 'the good stuff' as she called it. She wouldn't see the bottle poking out from the top in the back, so she would go and wake up Tara. She would blame Tara for taking it and they would get into heated arguments about it, staying up almost all night, or until Tara's mother passed out.

 

Morgan was the only one Tara told about it. She didn't know why Tara felt so compelled to tell her, it wasn't her buisness. Still, she was a friend and so she listened.

 

The two of them walked into first period English as the late bell rang.



© 2013 Alisha Heistand


Author's Note

Alisha Heistand
Based on a true story. Names have been changed so the people that were involved are not offended.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting introductory chapter. I'm wondering where this story will go; good work!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 27, 2013
Last Updated on January 27, 2013


Author

Alisha Heistand
Alisha Heistand

RI



About
I'm kinda like the quiet one nobody talks to except for once in a while...I guess. Or at least, I used to be So far in my 19 years of life, I've had 5 near-death experiences. I've made many frie.. more..

Writing
Silk Silk

A Poem by Alisha Heistand