Chapter 6- Tara

Chapter 6- Tara

A Chapter by Alisha Heistand

Tara's mother wouldn't stop. All she could feel was...well, now she was numb, since the blows from her mother kept coming with more fierceness than the one before it.


Will she ever stop hitting me? She wondered. 


She didn't want to stand there and take it, but she wouldn't hit her mother. She couldn't; she loved her mom, no matter how physically or emotionally abusive she was to Tara. Morgan didn't know the half of it, the relentless punches or being backed up against the wall with her mother in her face, screaming at her. Tara believed it really wasn't her mother's fault; she was almost always too drunk out of her mind to know what she was doing to Tara. 


Tara did hate this though, a lot. She hated coming home everyday, getting punched for no reason at all. Her mother insisted everyday that because Tara smoked, that she'd want to take her mother's liquor as well. Tara's mother was unbelievably cruel when she was in this drunken state, and Tara had found a way to deal with it.


 In the early stages, when this had first started happening months ago, Tara had cried out with every hit she took. She cried when her mother called her the worst names imaginable. But now, Tara had found that if she put a wall up and masked her feelings, she could cope better. So she stood there and took her beatings, not struggling or trying to throw her mother off or block a blow. 


The wall actually became very useful for other things in her life. Tara found out that she could use it to block disappointments, bad grades and losing friends. There wasn't anything wrong with Tara mentally, this was just a way of shoving her feelings way deep down inside her so she could deal with it when she wanted if she wanted to.


She wasn't sure how much this container of emotions was capable of holding.


Little did she know that her container was made of glass, and just about to hit breaking point.


Not that she'd ever let on.



© 2013 Alisha Heistand


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh gosh, even though I'm still not trusting this Tara character with Morgan and Lacey, I do feel bad for her :(
Good chapter though!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Alisha Heistand

10 Years Ago

Thank you! I wanted to briefly view what's going on for her as well

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 29, 2013
Last Updated on June 1, 2013


Author

Alisha Heistand
Alisha Heistand

RI



About
I'm kinda like the quiet one nobody talks to except for once in a while...I guess. Or at least, I used to be So far in my 19 years of life, I've had 5 near-death experiences. I've made many frie.. more..

Writing
Silk Silk

A Poem by Alisha Heistand