Chapter 3- Tara

Chapter 3- Tara

A Chapter by Alisha Heistand

Lunch was awful. Tara thought to herself grimly.

 

She waited outside the cafeteria and regrouped with Morgan because they had their final two classes together: Math and History.

 

The math teacher looked nice enough, and he seemed to have a good sense of humor. Morgan sat in back of Tara, the second seat in the row. All Tara heard was Morgan's pencil moving across her notebook as she wrote down the notes the teacher was writing.

 

 She can be such a nerd sometimes. Tara thought.

 

Tara saw no point in wasting paper, so she just sat there, trying to zone out the teacher as much as she could. She didn't understand why Morgan was going through so much trouble for math.

 

It's not like she's smart or anything.

 

Tara herself wasn't good at math, but she got by the best way she knew how: cheating. Besides, everyone cheated on a test or something at some point. Cheating was better anyways. No trouble for notes or homework, just glance over and then write the same thing on your own paper so you can get a passing grade. It was simple, easy, and the best possible way. The class was going to end in a couple of minutes, and the teacher gave the class homework.

 

Unbelievable, She thought. Homework on the first day.

 

Whatever. Tara wouldn't have to worry about that for long. Morgan thought she was so smart, so Tara would test it. She put the best pout on her face and turned to Morgan.

 

"Hey, I don't get what he was saying, and I know we have homework but I don't know how my mom's going to be tonight.." She said. "I just... I want to do good in this class, but..." she looked at Morgan

 

"Oh, um.. well I get it. Do you want me to give you my notes?" she asked

 

No, you idiot. Tara thought

 

"I can't really read your writing, I'm used to my own." Tara said, hoping Morgan would get it

 

"Okay, um... give me your paper. Quick, before he sees! I'll do it for you." Morgan said

 

Of course you will. You're spineless and hopeless, among other things. Tara thought

 

She handed Morgan her homework, noticing small cuts on her index finger and thumb, going all the way up.

 

"What's wrong with your hands? Are they dry or something?" Tara asked

 

"Hmm? Oh, no. Those are from when I was holding hangers for someone at my mom's clothing store." Morgan explained

 

Tara remembered a jacket Morgan had given her from there in 7th grade. It was reversible, with Tinkerbell on both sides, since at the time it was Tara's favorite character. It showed how much Morgan cared that Tara would be warm that fall. The bell rang, and they got up and made their way to history.

 

 



© 2013 Alisha Heistand


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting chapter; it makes you wonder why Tara is acting this way to someone who believes that they are good friends. Excited to read the chapters to come!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 31, 2013
Last Updated on February 17, 2013


Author

Alisha Heistand
Alisha Heistand

RI



About
I'm kinda like the quiet one nobody talks to except for once in a while...I guess. Or at least, I used to be So far in my 19 years of life, I've had 5 near-death experiences. I've made many frie.. more..

Writing
Silk Silk

A Poem by Alisha Heistand