Chapter 2- Lacy

Chapter 2- Lacy

A Chapter by Alisha Heistand

Geez, Lacy thought, I can't wait for lunch, I'm starving.

 

 It had been a buisy day so far. Lacy loved all of the classes she'd had up until now. Upon thinking of this, a sudden thought struck her: she didn't have any classes with Tara or Morgan. She had seen Tara in the halls a few times so far today, but Tara had made it seem like she didn't know Lacy even existed. She began to wonder about Tara, if she even liked Lacy at all. It sure didn't seem like it with the way she acted.

 

 Oh well, it was time for lunch.

 

                            *                             *                         *

 

Well, that was good. Morgan and Tara were in third lunch too. Lacy saw them come into the cafeteria and stand in line together. Tara had her usual dark look about her, and Morgan seemed anxious to sit down because she kept looking around. She spotted Lacy in line and the two smiled.

 

 Morgan tapped Tara's shoulder and after receiving an angry look, she gestured to where Lacy was standing. Lacy looked kindly toward Tara and smiled, but Tara's returning smile seemed forced, almost a grimance.

 

 Lacy tried to give her the benefit of the doubt, remembering this morning Tara had said she was just grumpy and tired. But something seemed to nag at her subconsciously. She just...had a bad feeling about Tara.

 

They all sat down together, Lacy on Morgan's right, Tara on her left. They chatted about how their classes were so far and how nice it was that they at least got to have lunch together.

 

 After an awkward silence, Morgan made a joke about how Lacy was always there no matter what, and that as why she was on the right side. Tara stiffened immediately, seeming to take it personally. Thankfully, lunch was over at that moment.

 

 Lacy knew she wouldn't see either of them for the rest of the day, so they said their final goodbyes and parted.



© 2013 Alisha Heistand


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very interesting to read through this certain point of view! Lacy seems to be a very likable character; much as how I would have reacted in her situation. My only complaint would be that this chapter is fairly short. :P Other than that, good work!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 31, 2013
Last Updated on February 17, 2013


Author

Alisha Heistand
Alisha Heistand

RI



About
I'm kinda like the quiet one nobody talks to except for once in a while...I guess. Or at least, I used to be So far in my 19 years of life, I've had 5 near-death experiences. I've made many frie.. more..

Writing
Silk Silk

A Poem by Alisha Heistand