Chapter 4- Morgan

Chapter 4- Morgan

A Chapter by Alisha Heistand

"This was an interesting day, but I can't believe how tired I am now.."  Morgan thought to herself.

 

School had been good, and she liked all of her classes.

 

She just wished she had one with Lacy.

 

Morgan did all of her homework as soon as she got home. She decided not to text Lacy just yet because she figured Lacy was either busy or doing homework. the next thing to do was her chores, as usual. Morgan, like anyone, didn't put chores at the top of her 'Favorites' list. But unlike many of her friends, she really didn't mind the work. in fact, she didn't see the big deal about them. Morgan viewed chores as a show of gratitude to her mom these days. She had been taking care of her mother quite a bit lately, especially when her mom had gotten Breast Cancer.

 

It had been almost two years ago since she'd found out. Her mom had wanted to skip her annual mammogram since they always came back with a good report. But Morgan and her dad told her to go anyways. Morgan had stayed home that afternoon, doing chores and taking care of everything after school. She had almost fallen asleep in her mom's room when they came home. Her mother looked...off.

 

"So, how was the report?" Morgan asked

 

"They..um, the nurse thinks something's there." Her mom said

 

"Like....?" Morgan pressed

 

"It could be a cyst or an infection inside. Or..cancer...they're going to check it out and I have an appointment in a couple of weeks." Her mom explained

 

Morgan pushed herself to think positive. She hoped and prayed it was nothing, a fluke in the system, a cyst at the worst.

 

The uneasy feeling didn't leave her.

 

The next two weeks seemed to pass slowly, dragging on as if the news was that bad.

 

It was.

 

Morgan's mom came home from the appointment, looking numb. There was no emotion in her face at all, and it scared Morgan like nothing else could.

 

Morgan knew it wasn't a cyst. It was Cancer.

 

The following two years consisted of the surgery, more doctors and radiation treatments. Morgan held an optimistic attitude, for her mother. They'd learned that the cancer hadn't been agressive, and her mother wasn't terminal.

 

Only a handful of people knew about it.



© 2013 Alisha Heistand


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very sad chapter, Alisha. It shows the pain and ordeals not only a patient must go through but also the members of their family. All in all, good work!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 13, 2013
Last Updated on February 13, 2013


Author

Alisha Heistand
Alisha Heistand

RI



About
I'm kinda like the quiet one nobody talks to except for once in a while...I guess. Or at least, I used to be So far in my 19 years of life, I've had 5 near-death experiences. I've made many frie.. more..

Writing
Silk Silk

A Poem by Alisha Heistand