[ASH'D TRAYS] Part One: Beginning of The End

[ASH'D TRAYS] Part One: Beginning of The End

A Chapter by THE [ME]GEAN

It was the beginning of what was to be the hottest summer known to man kind and a summer I would never forget. It was also labeled the summer of musical dreams where some of the biggest band names in teen history joined in the biggest concert to hit the scenes. The band line up included Brand New, All American Rejects, Panic! At the Disco, Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, Taking Back Sunday, The Academy Is, Cute is What We Aim For, Gym Class Heroes, and a few other up and coming bands of the century. I mean, it was every emo groupies fantasy! Band boys lined up for miles around to perform for hours on end, touring the world and signing autographs. The tour was called the "Epic Dream Tour" and was quickly labeled the biggest and best tour to hit the history of new age rock 'n roll. The tour had started earlier than planned and was setting up in Riverside California, not the ideal place for the biggest tour to hit the scene world, but it would do. As word spread where it would start tickets quickly flew off the wall and within days it was sold out.

The tension of the sold out tickets grew so big crimes where being committed for them, girls where crying and begging for them, even police grew corrupt for the sold out tickets! Well, it wasn’t that big, but the commotion was a bit much, and can you guess who got the last ticket? Can you guess who was the happiest fan band girl known to man at the moment? That’s right. Me.

My name is Mia Rosen and this is my story. I am a 17 year old with a heart of gold. Well, sort of... Most would just say I'm a normal girl, and I dont think it'd be right to argue with that. I guess you could say that I'm that normal girl next door only child with a soft ambitious side. Dont get me wrong. I have my problems and issues with life like anyone else; I just don't let it get me down. As my mother always said, "Its not the problems or situation that youre in that defines you; its how you react to it". So, everything thats ever happened in my life I've learned to grow stronger and react better to say, bad situations I get myself into. No regrets. That's what I should live by, but like any human I tend to carry some baggage. That's where music comes into my life. As any normal teen romance goes, music was the only thing growing up that might've kept me alive, but thats not true. It was one of the few things that kept me going, but mostly what kept me alive was my mom.

My mother, Donna Rosen, was what you'd call a fighter. She was one of the best most loyally selfless people you'd ever meet. People all around the world where just drawn to her and no matter what she always helped. I can't say a lot about my mother, because there isn't a whole lot to say. She's my mother. We quarrel sometimes, we have disagreements here and there in natural life, but that's just us. No matter what we always make up and no matter what we're family and best friends. Thats what I'd describe my mother as in my life. My best friend. A best friend I was not going to take to this concert! Come on, she's my mom. She may be the closest thing I have to a really good friend, but I'm not taking my mom to a concert. There are teenage rules that apply here. Plus, I only had one ticket.

"So when will you be back?" My mother asked from the dining room table.

She was doing what she did usually, working on her next novel. You see, my moms a writer. She writes books and poems, she even won some essay contests when she was younger. Her last book, "Classico Universal" hit the top ten best seller list and they where talking about giving her a nobel peace prize for it. She never got one, but it was still pretty cool.

"Umm... the concert ends at 12, but there's an after party." I yelled over the blow dryer I was running in the bathroom. "Is it alright if I go?"

"No. I dont think so." My mom said simply as she threw a piece of apple in her mouth.

What?! But not going to the after party is like... like... criminal! I turned off the blow dryer and walked out of the bathroom wearing nothing but a light blue bath robe. I was getting ready for the concert that started at 6. It was only around 2 pm, but you have to get there earlier to get all the good seats for the biggest concert of the century! Tons of people where camping out last night Talk about your addictions.

"But... but... but..." I whined as I walked over to her and threw on my best puppy dog frown.

"No, Mia! I know a lot about what goes on there and I dont want you to get hurt. Plus, tonight I want you home. I heard on the news that there's a serial killer on the loose and I dont want you to get hurt." She said seriously. I knew she meant business because the little Mexican woman before me furrowed her brows and gave her tight lipped scowl. "You should be happy i'm even letting you go to the concert."

"Fine I'll be home..." I sighed and walked back to the bathroom.

"I'm doing this cause I love you!" She called after me.

"Yeah, yeah love you too... butthead." I mumbled and finished drying me hair.

"I heard that." My mom laughed and went back to writing.

Getting ready never takes me more than 5 to 10 minutes, but this was an important day for me and I had to cherish it. And cherishing it meant looking the best I could! So, that being said, getting ready and primped took me a full hour. Yes, folks, a full hour. I even curled my hair and did my make up. I put on my best band shirt that said "The Clash" on it, got to love the classics, and a brand new jean skirt. Along with my rainbow knee socks and blue converse I looked pretty good, I must admit. I've never been the humblest or biggest self loather out there, but when I look good I know it.

"Do I look okay?" I asked my mother for reassurance as I walked out of the bathroom and spun around before her.

My mothers dark brown eyes scanned over my outfit approvingly, but then something caught her eye. Her expression twisted from an approving smile to disgust.

"Where is the jewelry?! How can my daughter go anywhere without some jewelry or leather wrist bands on her wrists?! Your wrists are bare!"

I laughed. "Okay, be right back." I walked back into the bathroom and opened up a drawer filled with jewelry. Necklaces...Rings... Cuffs... ah, bracelets! A threw on a small studded one on and a few colorful beaded ones my mother made for me and walked back out. "Good?"

"Good." She smiled warmly.

"Okay, I need to leave now if I'm going to get a good spot." I smiled and walked around the table to hug my mom.

She slipped a twenty in my hand. "Go get some food."

"Thanks mom." I smiled happily at the money handed.

"Now, dont stay out too late. After the concert I want you straight home. Then well order some pizza and maybe watch a movie. It is Friday night." She laughed heartily.

"Okay. Love ya, bye." I gave my mom one last peck on the cheek and a hug.

Then I grabbed my bag and the car keys and headed out the door. I said goodbye to my mom for what would be the last time. What I didn't know is the tragedy that would be fall both of us... what would happen changed my life forever and ended hers...

 

"Whoa, that was the coolest thing I've ever seen." My brown eyes widened as I walked away from the concert and toward the parking lot.

"Yeah, it was." A boy I met from the concert laughed and draped his arm over my shoulders. "So, want to go back to my place?"

The boy was a tall dark haired blue eyed metal head with a bod to kill. Of course, he was much stronger, much taller, and maybe even much smarter than most of the guys there because he quickly made his way into a casual acquaintance with me. A casual acquaintance that set me uneasy and off. There was something about him that wasn't right, and I was soon to find out what.

"Um... no." I pulled away quickly. I knew the game. I wasnt a stranger to what was about to happen either. "I have to get home." I mumbled and took a few steps toward the parking lot. He grabbed my arm to stop me though.

"Why are you leaving so early?" He smirked and pulled me up close to him.

I suddenly grew frantic. I knew what would happen. Somehow I tried and tried to remember what my mom taught me to do in situations like this, but, as most that have gone through them. Your mind goes blank with fear...

"N-No, I need to get home." I pulled away.

I could see that it was really late because the parking lots by now were almost empty. The few cars that sat where the buses carrying the performers. I could see a few of them with their body guards or friends goofing off and playing a few more tunes, but they were too far to see what was going on. Or to help me...

"Please let me-"

Before I knew it his lips where on mine roughly and my body was pressed against his.

"When in trouble, Mia. Dont bother to look for a weapon or someone to help. Run."

I collided my fist with his cheek enough for him to stumble back. As his arms flew behind him I ran. I didn't think about anything but my car ahead. I had to get to my car, because I knew, by the horrible obscenities he screamed behind me, that I'd be in way more trouble than anyone could imagine if I didn't get in that car.

"Yes!" I said as I hit the hood of the car. I began thumbing through my purse frantically as I heard his foot steps get closer and hit harder on the ground. "Please... please be here..." I cried.

I grabbed the keys out of my purse and with triumph I put them in the key hole, but I didnt have time to turn it. Before I knew it I was on the floor and I had a huge cut across my right cheek from his ring.

"Thought you could get away, huh?" He pulled me up by my arm almost dislocating it as he did. Then he brought my face to his and smirked. "We're going to have some fun."

"Fight."

I didn't let him win. I wouldn't. I was going to fight to the death. I didn't care what happened. As long as I got home to my mom safely and then we would watch a sappy chick flick and eat popcorn and laugh until we spat out soda through our noses. I only wanted that, but, in truth, as I scratched and punched and kicked I got no where. He was too strong and so much bigger than I. All the Kung Fu in the world couldn't help me now.

"Remember. Scream if you're in trouble and no matter what Ill send someone for help."

When all else failed I began to scream. I screamed as he punched me in the cheek again, and I screamed as he threw me against the hard asphalt. I yelped as he grabbed me by my throat, and I yelled as loud as I could as he pulled his fist out for another punch. When my throat couldn't handle another heart felt yell I looked up at my enemy. I could see him coming toward me with that triumphant smirk on his face and his fist clenched in a small ball. I could feel the dizzy light headed bubble float to my head and I could see everything slowly blacking out, but before everything came to a halt and went black I saw a slew of angry fists and dark colored hair. I saw a strong jaw line and a ripped band t-shirt, and as my rescuer turned to me everything went black.

 



© 2008 THE [ME]GEAN


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
Added on March 25, 2008


Author

THE [ME]GEAN
THE [ME]GEAN

Fairview, OR



About
Hello, I�m Megean McBride. I�m a neo eccentric non-conformed semi-religious flapper with a slash of funkified backstage Betty punk who refuses to be labeled, set in stone, or.. more..

Writing