Part Twelve: Goodbye for Now

Part Twelve: Goodbye for Now

A Chapter by THE [ME]GEAN

 

The Beautrix apartments are on the corner of Indepence Avenue and Dearborn Street as they have been for the past 10 years. They where fairly new apartments when me and my mother moved in. The paint on the walls weren't chipped yet, the stair railing to our apartment was painted a nice shade of blue, and we didn't mind the heat so much in the suburbs. It was nice and quiet, something my mom needed. We were both a little more free spirited than the rest, her more so. Sometimes when she was feeling dangerous shed pick me up from school and then wed just drive for hours on end until we ran out of gas. Sometimes it landed us it some tough situations, but no matter what we made it out okay.

"I'm going to miss it..." I said looking around at the punctured white walls and brightly colored furniture. "I'm going to miss it a lot."

We both loved this apartment. After dad- well- lets just say we both needed a new start and a free wing. This apartment was just that to us. We got to decorate the walls with funny pictures of us and abstract paintings. We got to put mismatched towels in the bathrooms and fuzzy rugs in the middle of our rooms for no reason at all. It might've seemed stupid to most people, but for a while this apartment wasn't only my safe haven, but my freedom- mine and my moms. Ours...

"Ready?" Brenden's voice rang through the quiet room. "Everyone's down stairs."

"Yeah." My voice cracked. "Just give me a minute more."

"Okay." He nodded.

It wasn't a safe haven anymore. This place, my once home, held so many happy memories that now- when I thought about them- made me all the more sad. I couldnt stay here. I needed a new start, a fresh leaf, a grand adventure. My mother's life insurance and the money in her will gave me enough to last about a life time so money wasnt an issue. They would keep her body for "evidence" in their crime lab, and her things would rot in the corner. I couldn't bare to think of it too much. What I needed now wasn't closure or a hug or any amount of comfort. My only comfort would be leaving this place. My only comfort would be doing something my mom never did when she was little, something she wish she had...

 

"Mia, I think after you're done with school me and you should go on a grand adventure! Like tour with a band or something!" Her voice hurried and excited as she leaned against the counter.

"What are you talking about?" I couldn't comprehend.

"Well, I just think that since you're still young you should have at least one adventure before you settle down." She turned back to the dishes. "I remember always wishing I had done that. I've always wished I had done something a little more reckless than eating that extra donut or driving on an empty tank of gas."

I laughed.

"The truth is, I want you to live life to its fullest, Mia. I want you to experience things. When I'm here, when I'm gone, even if you leave me." She turned to me and smiled. "I want you to give yourself a chance to go on one big adventure of a life time! After high school me and you will go together."

"Where will we go, mom?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I don't know yet." She smiled and looked out the window. "No one knows..."

 

I could never comprehend what she meant. I still don't. All I know is I'm going to make it happen. I'm already out of high school. My mom and I planned on this summer being our adventure. We where going to go out and show the world what we where made of and prove our brilliancy! I was going to be her Thelma to Louis and we where going to go wild! I wish we could've done that...

"I want you to give yourself a chance to go on one big adventure of a life time!"

'I'm sorry you cant make it, mom. But I'll carry on without you and I'll carry a piece of you always so you can enjoy the ride.'

"I'm ready."

"Okay, let's go." Brenden smiled and took my luggage.

I didn't know what I was doing, or where I was going, or what I would find there. All I knew was I was going on the adventure me and my mom never got to go on. For me, for her, for a life worth living! Even if it would only be for a summer. It was an adventure that had presented itself. Most might've thought me crazy for accepting the offer; others might think me crazy if I hadn't accepted it. Whether or not it was a risky decision is for you to decide.

"Welcome to hell." Spencer smiled as I stepped on the tour bus. "Smoking or non-smoking area?"

Yep, this was going to be my own little adventure. I wondered what would happen...



© 2008 THE [ME]GEAN


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

PLEEEEEEEEEASE continue. PLEASE!! By the way, for future reference, it is Brendon. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
1 Review
Added on March 25, 2008


Author

THE [ME]GEAN
THE [ME]GEAN

Fairview, OR



About
Hello, I�m Megean McBride. I�m a neo eccentric non-conformed semi-religious flapper with a slash of funkified backstage Betty punk who refuses to be labeled, set in stone, or.. more..

Writing