Part Three: News from the Underground

Part Three: News from the Underground

A Chapter by THE [ME]GEAN

 

RECAP: "Are you related to a Donna Rosen?" The voice was hard and deep.

"Yes, she's my mother."

            "I'm sorry to tell you, Miss Rosen. But your mother died earlier this evening. Im so sorry."

 

I swear my heart dropped to the empty pit in my stomach. You know that feeling you get when the world feels like its spinning all around you and you cant keep your balance? Almost as if you're on a moving stage and it's moving too fast for your legs to keep up... Yes, thats how I felt and this time gravity kicked in a little too hard. I felt my knees fall slowly out from under me as I scratched the wall for some reassured help up, but nothing helped me.

"W-What?" I said in a mix of shock and agony.

I felt a pair of strong arms slowly help me up, and then another pair pull my chin up to meet their eyes. I didn't stare into the face of my helper though. I couldn't stare into anything or face anyone at the moment.

"I'm so sorry Miss Rosen." The voice said in all seriousness.

"B-But... how?" I could feel the hot salty tears well up in my eyes.

"She was defending a civilian from death. She died in the process..." Was the hesitant reply.

"I-I don't understand..." I shook my head violently and pulled out of the grasp of who ever had been holding me up. I stumbled over to a seat on the edge of the tour bus and sunk my fingers in my long brown messy hair. "How-how could- wait..."

I didn't know what to say. When you lose some one close to you that's how it is too, especially if it's so abrupt. There is no quick tears or violent cries, just shock, complete and utter shock.

"Again, I am so sorry Miss Rosen. We would like you to come ID the body tomorrow morning and sign some papers. Other wise do you need someone to stay with you?"

I shook me head though he couldn't see.

"No... I'm fine..." My voice was soft and shaky.

"Okay, I will call you in the morning. Good night Miss Rosen."

"Goodnight."

Click.

"She's... she's dead..." I slowly looked up at the three boys that stood before me. I must've looked half dead myself because they all seemed so concerned. William was sitting next to me patting my back, Brenden was kneeling before me looking up and wondering who I was talking about, and Travis stood next to all three looking down at me with pity. "My mom... she's dead..."

Then it sunk it. I could feel the lump stick in my throat, I could feel the pounding of my head and the tears rush down my cheeks. I sensed my hair stand up on ends and how I wobbled against the seat and Will's arms and as all this happened all that I could think about was my mother and those two words.

She's dead… She's dead, Mia.

Your mother’s dead.

No more cold pizza and long movie nights where she chooses the sacrilegious tear jerker.

No more dating lectures.

 No more lectures period.

No more having to have the fire department come every time she attempts to make a cooking 'masterpiece'.

No more having to meet my boyfriends and scare them off with her "Im not afraid to go back to the nut house" bit.

No more holy bracelets or beads.

No more bed time stories or ice cream at 1 AM when we should've had it at 9 and went to bed at 10.

No more late night talks...

No more talks period...

No more I love you's or I miss you's or goodbyes.

My last goodbye was today... I didn't even give her a proper goodbye.

I could feel the tears stream down my face again as Will's soft hands held me close. I didn't care who was holding me though. All I needed was someone to hold me. I felt his thin fingers run through my messy hair and I closed my eyes trying not to let any more tears out, but they streamed down anyways, unending. Then I felt something nick my chin. Brenden slowly pulled his fingers to my chin and lifted my gaze to his. I looked in his dark eyes trying not to seem weak, but how can you not seem weak when you just lost your best friend? Your blood? Your mother...

"It'll be okay. You can stay here tonight." He smiled softly.

"O-Okay..." I mumbled.

"Here, I'll go get something for you to change into. Just wait here." He nodded to me and I nodded back.

Then Brenden stood up and walked out of the room leaving me with a saddened William Becket and a slightly confused Travis.

"Your mother? How?" Travis asked as lightly as he could.

"I don't remember..." I replied honestly as I sat back on the hard seat.

"Oh..." he mouthed and sat down. "Listen, me and Will have to go to our buses, but Brenden will be here. If you need us just yell and we'll get here as soon as possible." He then kneeled in front of me and looked up at my tear stained features. "Alright?"

I nodded.

"We will be back in the morning to check on you." Will gave me a curt soft smile and patting me on the back. "Will you be alright?"

I nodded again.

"Okay, goodnight." Will stood up and then realized something. "I never got your name."

"Mia Rosen." I replied looking up at the two worried and soft smiling boys. "Just call me Mia."

"Well, see you tomorrow, Mia." He nodded and exited the bus.

"Don't let any of these guys lay a hand on you, and if they do tell me. I'll find them and kick their a*s." Travis smirked sadistically, something I did not expect. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight." I said shaking in my boots.

I sighed being left with only my thoughts, something I did not want. Then my savior, Brenden Urie, came through the door and handed me a t-shirt of his and some boxers.

"Here. What happened to Will and Trav?" he looked around.

"They had to leave..." I mumbled. "Like everyone else..."

"Well, you have me." He smiled and handed me his cloths. "Go change and I won't move a muscle."

I nodded and took the clothes from him. Then I some how found myself in the bathroom changed a few minutes later. I don't know how I got there, I don't know how I changed, and I dont know why I stood staring at my face in the mirror. It was as if someone pressed 'fast forward' and then 'stop' just as the good part started, or the bad part, because as I looked at myself in the mirror all I could see where the features I inherited from my mother. My ears, my nose, my cheeks, my lips, my frown... my tears...

Knock. Knock.

"Mia, are you okay?"

I don't remember telling him my name... my name...

"I'm coming in."

The door knob slowly turned and it was at that moment that I realized I didnt lock the door. I knew I looked horrible. I mean, I was wearing some overly baggy boxer shorts with blue stripes, a huge t-shirt that said "The Doors" on it and that came down to my thighs, and my rainbow socks. Not to mention my tear stained face, but all of that didnt stop Brenden from pulling me off the top of the toilet seat and enveloping me in his arms.

"Shhh... it'll be okay..." He stroked my hair and held me even tighter against his chest.

"No it won't, Brenden... She's gone..." I sobbed wetting his shirt. "She's gone..."

I clutched his shirt as he slipped his arm under the back of my legs and pulled his other arm around my back. Then he slowly lifted me up bridal style and carried me back to the front end of the bus. There he sat me down against him and pulled a big blue fluffy blanket around my already cold body. I let my mind go blank as he stroked my hair and held me close, cradling me as if- if he were to make a wrong move I'd break into pieces. Which wasn't too far fetched. And slowly I drifted off to a soft dreamless sleep...



© 2008 THE [ME]GEAN


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on March 25, 2008
Last Updated on March 25, 2008


Author

THE [ME]GEAN
THE [ME]GEAN

Fairview, OR



About
Hello, I�m Megean McBride. I�m a neo eccentric non-conformed semi-religious flapper with a slash of funkified backstage Betty punk who refuses to be labeled, set in stone, or.. more..

Writing