Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by Scarlett Dale

It was the next day, I was walking next to Jerry, watching the cracks of the sidewalk go by. I felt a hand slip into mine and I stopped. I looked up and saw Jerry coming closer, I closed my eyes and....

Buzz! Buzz! Buzz! I jerked awake- my alarm clock! Groaning I turned it off and slipped out of bed.

I ate a quick breakfast and left the house. I just reached the end of our walk when Jerry came up.

 “Morning.” He said, I nodded and we started the walk to school. “So did you move here from Iowa, or were you just born there?” Jerry asked.

“I was born and raised there, then my dad got a new job that sent us here to Wyoming. So yeah, we moved from Iowa.” I explained looking down at the ground thinking;

-He probably thinks your stupid, why are you bothering.-

I don’t know, he’s so cute and I just couldn’t turn him down yesterday.

-Oh, but you could turn down the others, that’s good logic.-

Well I know I shouldn’t have, but I just did. They’re all cute.

-Yeah, and what are they going to think when you show up with Jerry, when you wouldn’t even let them walk you home, or give you a ride?-

I gasped, Oh no!

“Uh, Bebe are you okay?” I jumped, I hadn’t realized I’d gasped that loud. I looked up at Jerry, he was staring at me with a confused look on his face.

I blushed and looked down again. “Yeah, I’m fine. I just-uh- remembered I forgot something at home.”

“Oh, well I can walk back with you-“ He started to say as he stopped and turned around.

I cut him off. “No! I mean- no that’s okay, I don’t want to make you late if I don’t make it in time.” I said  and started back to my house.

“Okay, well I’ll see you at school then.” I heard Jerry say. I glanced over my shoulder and saw him continue his walk. I quickly dived behind a shrub in someone’s yard.

That was close. I’ll just hide here until he’s up there a ways.

-Oh yeah, that’ll work.-

Shut it.

-Oo grouchy today, get up too early?-

I’m not listening to you.

I peeked out of my hiding spot; Jerry was no longer in sight. I stood up and stretched my legs then continued walking to school.

When I got to the school I went straight to my locker. I was busy getting my stuff together when my locker door slammed shut by a slim manicured hand. I jumped back.

 “Who do you think you are?” A voice said beside me. I looked up into the eyes of an angry face framed by long blonde hair with little streaks of black. She had three other girls behind her. The tall slender blonde girl spoke again. “I said who do you think you are! Waltzing in here like you own the place and sitting with our guys at lunch. Isn’t that right girls?” She asked.

A shorter girl with slightly wavy red hair that fell down her back, spoke up, “yeah Vadia.” The other two girls behind her agreed.

 

I finally collected my wits and said, “I had no idea that the boys had girlfriends, but I wasn’t even interested in them that way. They just offered me a seat at their table, they were being nice. I don’t even know them that well.”

All four girls laughed but they stopped when Vadia put up a hand, she spoke again. “Like we’d believe that, but we like you, you’re a smart girl.” She smiled at me, “what’s your name?”

I didn’t know what to think, first these girls were yelling at me for sitting with their boyfriends, and now they were being friendly? “My name is Abebi Lake, but just call me-“

“I like that name, it’s unique. Don’t you think girls?” I was starting to think that Vadia was the leader of the group.

“Well my name is Vadia Romero, this-“ she pointed to the red head, “is Melcia Germane, and these two are the twins, Topanga and Amelia Carson.” They looked exactly alike except for their clothes, both had shorter black hair, violet eyes, and were just beyond the skinny mark. One had on very bright colors and lots of bracelets and rings. The other had on softer colors and just one or two pieces of jewelry.

“It’s nice to meet you guys, but I have to get to class.” I smiled at them and left.

Something is up with them.

-You’re right; they were a little too nice.-

You agree?

-Sure, listen, if it’s one thing I know it's when someone is being a snob, and sneaky.-

Okay, whatever.

I cleared my head, and walked into my English class. I took my seat and pulled out my notebook as I listened to Ms. Blake. Someone tapped my shoulder and I saw a little paper slide over. I grabbed it and opened it.

Abebi,

    Since you don’t know anyone, sit with us at lunch,

        Vadia

I folded the paper back up and looked behind me. Vadia was three seats behind me in the next row. She got my glance and smiled sweetly. I returned the smile and turned my attention back to Ms. Blake.

At lunch I again scanned the cafeteria. I spotted Vadia and her group at one table and Kyle and the others at another. I made my way to Vadia’s table. Halfway there Biff stopped me.

  “Bea, where’re you going? Aren’t you going to sit with us?”

I blushed and looked up at him. “Actually Vadia invited me to sit with her, that’s where I was heading.”

Biff frowned, “I see; how did you meet her?”

“Well I met her this morning, she told me about you guys and them, but I explained everything, and told her you were just being nice because I was new. So now everything is cleared up and it’s all good.” I gave him weak smile.

“No one is ever a friend of Vadia’s unless that person is as mean as her. Which you definitely are not. Come here for a second.” He grabbed my hand and led me over to the boy’s table.

I greeted the others, Biff turned to the other boys and repeated what I had just told him then said to me, “Bebe I don’t know what Vadia and her crew are up to, but we don’t think you should sit with them.”

I stared at Biff with my mouth open. “What?” I asked, confused. “Then why did-“

Kyle cut me off, what’s his problem anyway? “We don’t know, but I would watch my back if I were you. She can be dangerous, she’ll do anything to get you to do what she wants.” He explained.

I looked around the table at each boy’s face, I could see they were serious and they meant what they said about Vadia. “So what should I do? Should I still go over there?” I asked.

 Jerry shifted in his seat. “Personally I don’t want you to get hurt. I think you should just eat with us.”

This time Seth spoke, “but won’t that make Vadia even madder? She’ll see that Bebe is still hanging out with us and that’s what she doesn’t want.”

I sighed as the boys discussed it. They weren’t talking to me anymore, so I looked around the room. Deciding to see what Vadia and the others were up to I turned my head around. I saw Topanga’s eyes spitting fire. I quickly turned my head back around, consciously aware I was sitting next to Biff.

So that’s who she likes, no wonder she’s mad.

-Psh, someone should tell her it doesn’t look good on her.-

Yeah, that would just make it worse. I’m glad I’m sitting with the boys.

-No, no, you need to find some nice girls; you shouldn’t be encouraging these boys.-

But it is sweet how they’re worrying about me. - I smiled.

-Get the goofy grin off your face before these guys see it.-

I stopped smiling and looked up. Kyle was hiding a smile, and the others were just looking at me funny. “What?” I asked.

“Why are you smiling?” Jerry asked me. I blushed.

-Don’t you say a word.-

Zip it!

“Um, Uh- I was just thinking about a-a my dog.” I said quickly. Darn! Please don’t ask me to explain, please, please, please!

“Oh, mind sharing?” Kyle said, still smiling.

“Well it’s one of those ‘you have to see it to believe it’ things.” I laughed nervously.

Seth laughed a little but Biff slapped him in the head. “Hey! What did you do that for?” 

Biff just rolled his eyes. They continued their conversation all through lunch while I sat quietly eating my food. I could feel Topanga’s eyes on my back along with the others. I shook the feeling off and finished lunch.

 



© 2010 Scarlett Dale


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

and the battle continues :) on to the next chapter!

Posted 15 Years Ago


The storyline really went beautifully till here, I specially loved your writing style in middle section a lot...that was very nice and appealing!
Great work, would love to read more :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 6, 2009
Last Updated on April 9, 2010


Author

Scarlett Dale
Scarlett Dale

About
I'm what you call a strange person. I love to write and when I do I feel as if it's coming straight from my heart onto the paper. Especially with my poetry. I was never one for poetry (writing it anyw.. more..

Writing
Ashes Ashes

A Poem by Scarlett Dale