Chapter Six

Chapter Six

A Chapter by Scarlett Dale

 I ran up the stairs to my room and slammed the door; leaping  onto my bed I cried myself to sleep. The scene in the cafeteria repeating continuously. Biff’s disappointed face, then him taking the blame. Jerry’s words “I don’t doubt it; he was the one that gave Vadia that gift. Who else is she supposed to think? A new girl that’s too timid to disobey her? ” They all swirled in my head.

I woke up late the next afternoon, thank goodness for Saturdays. I got out of bed and went into the bathroom. My eyes were red and swollen from crying and my head hurt beyond anything. I turned on the faucet in the tub and went back to my room. I grabbed some clothes out of my dresser then hopped into the hot steamy bath. I flicked on the stereo my dad installed in the wall and leaned back against the tub for a long soak.

As I was getting dressed I heard the phone ring in the hallway. I heard my mom answer it then footsteps coming down the hall. A knock sounded on my door and I went to answer it.

 “Phone’s for you Bebe,” mom said handing me the phone then walking back down the hall to her room.

“Hello?” I asked into the handset.

“Bebe? Hey I’ve been trying to reach you for the past two hours, your mom said you weren’t up yet. How are you?” I heard Biff ask on the other line.

I closed my eyes took a deep breath and said, “Biff, listen I’m a little busy right now, but trust me I’m fine. Bye.”

“Bebe wait!”

“What?” I asked putting the phone back up next to my ear.

“I wanted to tell you that I didn’t tell Principal Collins that you gave Vadia that spider. He wouldn’t believe that I pulled it so he’s still suspicious of me and you after what happened yesterday.”

My mouth dropped. “You didn’t tell him? I thought for sure you would after the way I ran out on you in Collins office.“

 ”Calm down. I know why you were standing outside the door.”

I gasped. “You do?”

Biff laughed a little and my stomach did a back flip. “Yeah, you wanted to hear if I’d tell him you did it. Either that, or you wanted to know if I was going to take the blame, and when you found out I did, you came up with a plan to free me.”

I scowled, “Jerry told you about yesterday didn’t he?”

Biff laughed again, “no Seth did actually, I didn’t know you had that much anger bottled up inside.”

I grimaced, I bet he didn’t. “Well thanks for calling Biff, but I gotta go.” I hung up the phone before he had a chance to argue. I flipped through the caller ID and found his number. I dug out my address book from a small box that I hadn’t unpacked yet and wrote the number down, I smiled at it when I finished. “Just in case“  I told myself.

-What happened to never talking to them again?-

I didn’t talk to him purposely, and I’m glad he told me what he did.

-You’ll never learn.-

For the rest of the afternoon I helped my mom do housework. As I cleaned the living room I listened to the stereo. As I listened to the music I realized that I always thought it was impossible for me to even consider distractions in my life. I was realizing that I couldn’t underestimate the impossible either. It could be possible for me to like those boys, hang out with them, become good friends. Even love one of them?

-Oh no, no way. LOVE? Now you’re talking crazy girl.-

It was just a thought. Besides what could be the harm if I did learn to love one of them.

-Whoa that should have never even entered your pretty little head.-

But what do you know? And it has been awhile since I hung out with a boy and I never really had a boyfriend.

-Oh sure, falling in love with one will be easy, but the real question is what one?-



© 2010 Scarlett Dale


Author's Note

Scarlett Dale
Sorry this one is so short

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's going to be interesting to see who she falls for. I have my suspicions....

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 24, 2009
Last Updated on April 9, 2010


Author

Scarlett Dale
Scarlett Dale

About
I'm what you call a strange person. I love to write and when I do I feel as if it's coming straight from my heart onto the paper. Especially with my poetry. I was never one for poetry (writing it anyw.. more..

Writing
Ashes Ashes

A Poem by Scarlett Dale