Chapter Four

Chapter Four

A Chapter by Scarlett Dale

I was putting my books away slowly when then the lunch bell rang. I sighed and was about the to take the gift out when I heard:

“Hey Bebe! What’re you doing?”

Duh what do you think I’m doing? Oh wait, you wouldn’t know. “Hi Seth.”

How am I supposed to pull off my evil master plan with him around?

-You’ll think of something.-

“What’s wrong? You don’t sound happy- Hey what’s that?” Seth reached for Vadia’s gift.

Panic attack.

 “Um nothing! It’s just-“ I pulled the gift away.

“Hey guys!”

-Oh great not now.-

Kyle came over and stood next to Seth. “Seth what’s that?”

Did I see jealousy in Kyle’s eyes?

-Who cares?-

“Really guys it’s nothing!” I said but Seth still held on to it, and Kyle was giving him dirty looks.

“It doesn’t look like a nothing.” another voice said from behind me.

“Jerry!” I jumped and turned around to face him.


He gestured towards the box Seth was still holding. “Who’s that from?”  He had a frown on his face.

“Well see-“ Kyle cut me off.

-Why am I not surprised, we can’t get out one sentence with him around.-

“That’s what I want to know. Seth?” Kyle asked looking at him.

Seth looked at me then Kyle, then the gift in his hands. “What? I didn’t give it to her if that’s what you mean.”

“Guys I-”

Kyle wasn’t listening. “Well if you didn’t then who did?” He looked at Jerry quizzically.

All three boys spoke at the same time. “Biff!” Seth handed me the package and the three boys took off. I sighed and slammed my head on the locker doors.

-Now look what you’ve done.-

I know, I’m such an idiot!

-I told you not to get involved.-

Yeah I should’ve listened.

I slammed my head again. “Ow!” I rubbed my forehead.

“You’re going to do some permanent damage to that pretty face.” A voice said behind me. I whirled around.

“Biff! How long have you been standing there?” I was slightly embarrassed that he had seen me hit my head, then I realized he had said I had a pretty face and I blushed.

“Oh I was there for a while, I was going to join the group, but then they decided to gang up on me so I stayed where I was.”

“Well you’ve got to go! They’ll find you and they’re going to beat you up!” I said looking around.

Biff laughed, “don’t worry they won’t go so far as beating me up.” He smiled.

I laughed a little too then I realized everyone was gone for lunch. Biff and I were the only ones in the hallway. Biff stepped a little closer and I got an idea.

“Biff can I trust you to keep a secret?” I asked getting excited.

He smiled, “sure, what is it?” He stepped a little closer. I quickly told him my plan, well most of it. I didn’t tell him what was in the box or why I was giving it to Vadia.

“Are you sure about this?” He asked taking the gift from me. I smiled and nodded. Biff shrugged and we walked to the cafeteria.




I was seated at the girl’s table watching the boys. Seth, Kyle, and Jerry all began to give Biff dirty looks. After eating in silence for a while I high-signed Biff. He picked the gift up from beside him and left the table.

Biff came over to our table and I noticed Topanga smooth her hair. “Girls,” he nodded to each of them and stopped at Vadia. “Vadia, I have something for you. Someone asked me to give it to you.” he smiled at her then went back to his table.

“It must be from Jerry!” Vadia squealed and opened the card. She quickly read it then tossed it aside. The other girls all scrambled for it as I watched anxiously.

A piercing shriek filled the room. Biff, just starting to sit back down, stopped. All of the boys looked over at the our table.

Vadia was standing on the top of the table stomping her feet and screaming her head off, the gift spilled over on the floor, and the tarantula crawling around by the legs of the table.  Melcia, Topanga and Amelia were trying to join her but Vadia kept pushing them away and screaming, “Kill it! Kill it!”

I was laughing so hard I didn’t even see it when the principal came in. He went stomping over to Vadia’s table and tried grabbing her from off the table but all he got for his efforts was a slap across the face, which caused him to fall flat on his back. I don’t think Vadia meant to, I don’t even think she tried to. She was just freaking out so bad about the spider that she was hitting everything in her way.

I choked down more laughter as the principal started yelling at the kids to calm down. At the sound of Principal Collins’ voice, Vadia stopped screaming and looked at him with quiet shock. Now Principal Collins is a very quiet man, but when he’s mad, he’s mad! His voice is like a foghorn in an empty cave with a giant echo.

 Principal Collins helped Vadia off the table, ordered some boys to catch the spider then escorted her and her monkeys to his office. No one had even noticed me, I turned back to my food with a smile on my face.

Soon I felt the presence of someone standing over me, I looked up and saw Biff with a funny look on his face; not ha-ha funny, but a “I can’t even believe I fell for your little scheme” look. I swallowed, hard, and said, “hi Biff...problems?”

He sat down across from me, and rested his arms on the table. “Problems? Bebe do you know what you just involved me in? All I want to ask is why? Why did you just do that?”

I shifted uncomfortably in my seat, “well you see there was this lizard she gave me and I thought that-“

”That you’d get her back? Don’t you see that you stooped to her level though? Bebe I didn’t think you were the type.”

I bit my lip and looked down, “I’m sorry, I don’t know what came over me.”

-Yes you do, I gave you the idea-

Just shut up okay?

-okay, but don’t start feeling bad. You did good.-

“Biff, you won’t tell Principle Collins will you?” I gripped his hand, a sudden fear flooding over me.

He moved his hand away, “I don’t know, I really don’t. I’m sorry too Bebe.” Biff stood up and left me to my thoughts.

After lunch I was beating myself up; not literally of course. That’s sort of impossible. But I was really going at it inside my head, and I’ll tell you something, it makes you feel pretty stupid to be arguing with yourself.

-Oh come on Abebi, it was a harmless little spider. Vadia had it coming, she really did.-

But what if Biff is right, and I stooped to her level. That’s worse right?

-Who cares what ‘Biff’ thinks, you should be staying away from boys anyway. Remember? You don’t want to have heartache right, look what they’re doing to you already.-

Maybe you’re right, it’s pretty stupid to be worrying about what Biff thinks, the episode is done and over with.

 

 

 



© 2010 Scarlett Dale


Author's Note

Scarlett Dale
I hope you like this!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on March 24, 2009
Last Updated on April 9, 2010


Author

Scarlett Dale
Scarlett Dale

About
I'm what you call a strange person. I love to write and when I do I feel as if it's coming straight from my heart onto the paper. Especially with my poetry. I was never one for poetry (writing it anyw.. more..

Writing
Ashes Ashes

A Poem by Scarlett Dale