Darkling POV

Darkling POV

A Chapter by Locke Redwyne (night sys)

POV Detected: Darkling

I have to save my brother. I have to save my brother. The phrase keeps repeating itself in my mind, over and over again. I have to save my brother. There’s no way I’m leaving him with Incitatus, especially so soon after Dove’s death. After all he’s been through…

“Darkling, pay attention. We’re supposed to be planning.” Jay’s annoyed tone jerks me out of my thoughts.

“I’m just worried about my brother, sorry,” I snap. I’m fed up with planning. We need to rescue Darknight now!!

“Now is not the time, Darkling,” Jay sighs.

“Oh, I’m sorry, do you have something else to be doing?” I can hear the sarcasm creeping into my voice, but I don’t care.

“Yes, as a matter of fact. I have much better things to be doing than listening to your whining!” Her voice raises until she’s almost shouting. I shove my chair away from the table and stand. I pin Jay with a glare. She stares back, her eyes filled with icy anger. Whirling around, I stomp out of the room. I can feel Jay’s piercing gaze follow me out of the room, down the hall, up a staircase and out onto the roof. I’m beyond angry. I can see darkness flickering on the edges of my vision, threatening to drive me over the brink. I shove it back, reaching for the light, bright and calm and warm.

Skeins of light drift over the roof, hovering inches above it, unlike the heavy darkness that would pool around my feet if summoned. The light clears my mind. I know that Jay didn’t mean to upset me, but with everything I’ve said, it might be a good idea to avoid her, at least for a while.

I let the light dance over the rooftop. I’m not sure how long I spend on the roof, but when I release the light, the sun is setting, sending pastel colors across the sky. I want to stay longer, but I should probably get back inside. Instead of taking the secret staircase, I open the main entrance to the base, sinking through the clearing floor. I ignore the strange looks White Ninja and Pyra give me and hurry to my room. After closing the door behind me, I collapse onto my bed. Continuously using my light powers has drained me, and my last thought before I fall asleep is Jay’s ice-cold glare, and I wonder if this time I’ve gone too far.


[POV end]



© 2018 Locke Redwyne (night sys)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
Added on November 21, 2017
Last Updated on April 9, 2018


Author

Locke Redwyne (night sys)
Locke Redwyne (night sys)

WA



About
Wow, we haven't used this account in literal years! DID system of 19, idk if we'll be posting here but. I'm so glad to find this archive of our old writing. more..

Writing