Audio Recording Again

Audio Recording Again

A Chapter by Locke Redwyne (night sys)

Audio recording detected:

Dom: Ow! That hurts! Do you think that you can clean my excruciating wound anymore painfully?

Crescent: Oh, quit being a baby!

Darkling: Jay’s not waking up, but I think she’s just, um, repairing herself.

Talon: I could help, if you want. But we have to be quiet, the Dirthawkers are sleeping.

Gena: Don’t mess up.

Talon: Thaaaaaaaaaanks.

Darkling: Um… why not. Hey look, they have books in here! *walks over to books*

Crescent: Why are you reading books instead of worrying about your girlfriend?

Darkling: I’m distracting myself okay??? *looks around* Where is Pitch?

Gena: Which is exactly what Talon can’t do. (the distracting)

Dom: I haven’t seen him since the battle...

Talon: Oh, Kylara’s gonna kill us when she wakes up.

Darkling: What? She can’t kill us, we have to rescue Darknight!

Gena: We lost her boyfriend. She’ll find a way.

Darkling: Sooo... are we allowed to leave to look for someone if they’re MIA?

Talon: No. The rules are that you can’t leave for any reason. Besides, what if they staged another attack? We have to be here to protect her.

Darkling: Pitch broke the rules… without his consent.

Gena: That doesn’t count. He was taken.

Crescent: Um, Darkling, where’d your hand wander off to?

Darkling: What? *looks at arm* Oh. That. Um… I have no idea. Has anyone seen it?

Everyone: No.

Darkling: ****. Are there any spare hands around here?

Talon: Umm... Lemme check... Well, there’s no actual hands that are compatible with your arm but...

Darkling: *cursing* Get to the point.

Talon: But there’s hook that’ll work.

Darkling: *long silence* *sighs* I guess it’s a good thing I can sword fight left-handed. Give me the hook. And no, this doesn’t make me a pirate.

Talon: It’s coming. And yes it does.

Gena: Pirate Captain Tenebris. Sounds good.

Darkling: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO I AM NOT A PIRATE NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I HATE PIRATES!!!!!!

Cresce: Well, it’s time to face your fears!

Darkling: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Nightdragon: Shut up or you’re going to wake up the remaining Metamorphics.

Darkling: NOT UNTIL THEY STOP CALLING ME A PIRATE!!!!! *sticks tongue out at Nightdragon, then continues yelling* I AM NOT A PIRATE!!!!!!

Nightdragon: *Click*  Voice inhibitor. You can no longer speak above a whisper. Try to remove it, I’ll clip on metacuffs, which for those of you that don’t know, are power inhibitors. If it makes more sense to you this way, metacuffs are PDns in handcuffs.

Darkling: *silence* *curses as loud as he can* *more silence*

Nightdragon: That’s more like it. You guys, quit goading him. *leaves*

Serephimbian Agents: *mutter* Sorry.

Darkling: *pacing, muttering* *says something obscene about Nightdragon*

Talon: There we go! Jay should get better soon, that’s as much as I can do. Now to attach your hand.

Darkling: Thanks, I guess.

Talon: *clicking and sparking noises* *lights go off*

Darkling: *in a high pitched whisper* What is going on?!?!?

Talon: There must’ve been some damage done to the power in the battle. It’ll be on soon. The chrysali are using the power first, then the school. After that, it’s routed to common places like here, and then to the dorms. The only thing after that is the street lights.

Darkling: *slightly panicking* Great. So we’re stuck here in the dark?

Gena: Don’t worry. You’ll be fine. Your name means darkness!

Darkling: That doesn’t mean I have to like the dark.

Cresce: What, are you scared of the dark, or something?

Darkling: *indignant whisper* What? No!

Talon: He’s lying.

*everyone looks at her*

Talon: I have empathy, and I’m getting really strong fear and lie waves right now.

Darkling: Oh shut up. *mutters*

Gena: Don’t worry, Darkling. Just dream of Wilson’s rabbit stew. It’ll make you feel better. It always makes me feel better, anyway

Darkling: That’s gross, Gena, and it’s not helping. *walks off and sits in a corner*

Gena: Geez, sorry for trying to help. I see why Jay hates you right now.

Darkling: I’m going to ignore that statement. *lights flicker back on*

Jay: I don’t hate him, he’s just annoying sometimes.

Darkling: *in a whisper* JAAY!!! *gets up, runs towards her, trips, falls down, get up, keeps running, tackles her*

Talon: Then how do you stand me, Jay?? Darkling!! Don’t reopen her wounds!! I just finished putting her guts back inside of her body.

Jay: It’s fine, Talon. Okay, get off of me. Wait... you just finished what?

Talon: No, it’s not fine. I just finished putting your guts and wires inside of your body. I don’t want to have to do that again.

Darkling: Gross, Talon, first meat salad, now this? You guys are going to make me throw up. On you.

Gena: Grow up, Darkling.

Jay: If you’re so scared of the dark, why don’t you use your light powers?

Everyone else: He has light powers?

Darkling: Yeah, so does Darknight. Jay, can you get this thing off of me without setting off any alarms? Please?

Talon: No, you can’t. That’s against the law here.

Jay: Uh... I mean, I can try, but we are supposed to follow the the rules, you know.

Talon: Like they said, as soon as you stepped on this ground, you’re under Serephimbian law.

Insert detected:

“Also, while you are on Serephimbia campus, your US laws do not apply. Serephimbia laws apply, so watch your pockets. If you would come through this door, we will start the tour.”

Insert end.

Jay: That's what I thought. Though it doesn’t seem fair to expect villains to follow rules.

Talon: You didn’t have to come here in the first place. You came willingly. If I came over to your house, you’d expect me to not put me feet up at the dinner table, put my dirty dishes in the sink, and flush the toilet after I go, right? Same thing.

Jay: Actually, I’d expect you to do the opposite. I mean, we’re villains half the time, my friends and I, so we don’t care. But I get what you’re saying.

Talon: Then, a guest. But do you understand why you have to follow our laws? When we’re in the US, we follow US laws, mostly.

Darkling: Okay, fine. How much longer is Kylara going to be in that chrysalis?

Gena: I don’t know. Let’s skip ahead in time until she comes out.

Jay: Can you do that? Oh wait, you mean not write/record conversations. Okay.

Gena: Both.



© 2018 Locke Redwyne (night sys)


Author's Note

Locke Redwyne (night sys)
Uh, Darkling? Where'd your hand wander off to? XD

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
Added on November 21, 2017
Last Updated on February 28, 2018


Author

Locke Redwyne (night sys)
Locke Redwyne (night sys)

WA



About
Wow, we haven't used this account in literal years! DID system of 19, idk if we'll be posting here but. I'm so glad to find this archive of our old writing. more..

Writing