Spar POV- The First!!

Spar POV- The First!!

A Chapter by Locke Redwyne (night sys)

POV detected: Sparrowhawk

I stand in front of the movie theater, twiddling my thumbs and waiting for Talon to arrive. Finally, she comes up. I let out a laugh. She’s wearing her superhero outfit, minus the cache of weapons and her mask.

“What?” she asks.

“You didn’t have to wear that,” I say. I’m wearing a simple t-shirt with the Dirthawkers emblem and jeans. She raises her arms slightly and looks down at her outfit.

“What else would I wear?”

“I don’t know, casual clothes, maybe? The ones people usually wear to movies?”

“Pfft. Those are lame,” she says, grinning.

“Eh, true,” I say, and we walk to the ticket booth.

“What’re you two lovebirds seeing?” the elderly lady behind the counter asks.

“Thor,” I say, sliding some bills across the counter as she hands us our tickets.

“Enjoy!” she says, then turns to the next customer. Talon runs into the bathroom while I wait in line at the concession stands. I grab a giant tub of popcorn, some peanuts, a large Dr. Pepper, and a Twix. We meet up outside of the theater room, and go up, finding the perfect spot right in the middle, having arrived really early.

“I love watching the previews,” Talon whispers to me as we settle in.

“Like a preview of me?” I say, wiggling my eyebrows. “Seeing if I’m your type?” Talon facepalms.

“Wow, Spar,” she shakes her head. Just them, a preview for a scary movie comes on, something about if you’re silent, they can’t hunt you, but then a person in the movie makes a noise then whoever “they” are attacks, but we can’t really see much of it. When the preview is over, I look over at Talon and see that she’s gone rigid.

“You ok?” I ask. Eyes wide, she shushes me immediately. Then, as if catching herself, she facepalms (again) and laughs.

“Sorry... I love to be scared, but sometimes it works a little too well.”

“You like to be scared?” I grin evilly. “And by the way, out here, I go by Johnny.”

“Johnny, don’t you dare pull a prank on me!”

“Why not?”

“Because it would start an epic prank war that you would end up losing, and I don’t think that you want to be beat by a girl in a prank war.”

“You wouldn’t beat me,” I scoff.

“Why not?”

“Because I’m the Prankmaster. It says so on my online username.”

“So? I could make my username ‘Prankmistress that is so much more capable than the Prankmaster’ and then would that be true?” she asks, a challenging grin on her face.

“No, because the Prankmaster reigns supreme.”

“Says who?”

“Says the Prankmaster,” I hold out my hand, like I’m meeting her for the first time. “Hi, I’m Prankmaster, and I reign supreme. Nice to meet you.”  She sticks her tongue out at me and sticks out her hand.

“Hi, I’m the Prankmistress, and I actually reign supreme over the Prankmaster, but I let him think that he’s in charge so that I don’t hurt his ego.”

“Oh, is she really?” I retort. “I challenge the Prankmistress to a prank war. Starting after this date. Whoever loses says to the others that the winner reigns supreme. Which of course, is me.”

“Deal. Except that it will be the Prankmistress that will rule supreme, and your dreams will be crushed,” she says this with a wicked grin on her face. We shake hands, right as the pre-movie thing starts. It’s the one where it looks like you’re riding the roller coaster past all of the theater’s attractions. Talon jumps when the popcorn pops and swears.

“Every time!” she whispers. “Every single time, that gets me!” I laugh. We quiet down as the movie starts. A little while into the movie, there’s a romantic scene, and I go to grab some popcorn, coincidentally at the same time as Talon, and somehow, I end up with her hand instead of a fistful of popcorn. She looks over at me with a look that says Dude, but I just grin, and a second later, she joins me and we turn back to the movie. A moment later, she looks around. I do too, and see what she’s seeing. The theater is empty, besides us.

“Uh, Johnny...” Just then, the movie is interrupted by something flying through the ceiling. “You’ve got to be kidding me!” Talon yells at the silhouetted figure standing on the edge of the hole of the ceiling. I jump up, grabbing the bowl of popcorn. Growing kestrel wings, I land across the hole from them, and Talon follows up me, crossing her arms.

“What do you want?” I ask.

“What do I want?” he growls, his deep voice unrecognizable from his mask. “You annoying Dirthawkers ruined my perfect life in crime.” His eyes narrow. “And now you have to pay.”

“And what makes you assume I’m a Dirthawker?” I ask.

“Uh�" er… you have an emblem on your shirt!” the dude stammers. “And wings like a hawk!” I tuck my wings swiftly into my shirt, hoping Talon does the same.

“You never saw that.” The dude looks taken aback. “--but�"- but, I could’ve sworn I saw you have wi�"” I quickly cut him off by stuffing popcorn in his mouth. A crowd has started to form around the edge of the movie theater that we were by. “Sorry, but you didn’t see anything,” I say. Talon stifles a laugh and we turn to leave. Then I turn around, pull a dart gun out of my pants and shoot the dude. He twitches, and then slumps in a heap, unconscious. Talon gives me a weird look.

“Care to tell me why you had a gun in your pants?” she asks.

“Nope!” I say, and we drop back inside. “Care to tell me why you thought that I was a girl at first?”

“Umm...” she looks anywhere but at me. “Spar just sounds like a girl name to me, ok?!”

“How is Spar a girl’s name?”

“It just sounds... I dunno, girly! How did you know that I was a girl? Talon is a boy’s name!”

“Uh... you went by Byrd when I virtually met you!”

“What makes Byrd a girl’s name?”

I can’t think of a response.

“Exactly,” she says, a satisfied look on her face.

“How’d you know Peri was a girl? And Dove was a boy?” I ask.

Now it’s her turn to be speechless.

“Exactly,” I say, mimicking the look she had on her face a moment before. She play-shoves me, and I wiggle my eyebrows at her. She wiggles her eyebrows back and we burst out laughing.


[POV End]



© 2018 Locke Redwyne (night sys)


Author's Note

Locke Redwyne (night sys)
Eee!! Date scene of my favorite Descendants couple!!
SPARLON_FTW *fangirls*

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

70 Views
Added on November 27, 2017
Last Updated on February 28, 2018


Author

Locke Redwyne (night sys)
Locke Redwyne (night sys)

WA



About
Wow, we haven't used this account in literal years! DID system of 19, idk if we'll be posting here but. I'm so glad to find this archive of our old writing. more..

Writing