Part 2: Looking Around

Part 2: Looking Around

A Chapter by J. R.

The first thing you do is decide that something must be done about the AC.
You take a chair that's been sitting by the table and place it under the AC unit.
You stand on the chair and turn the AC dial to 'off'
The humming of the AC dies and you can feel a big difference already.
Stepping down, you decide to search the medicine cabinet.
You rummage through the drawers, finding a bottle of sedatives, a screwdriver, and a box cutter. You pocket the items, finally your mild kleptomania might come in handy.
You check the memos stuck to the side of the cabinet.
"Subject 6298 is experiencing some memory loss and disorientation. This has not been observed in any of the other subjects. Further study is needed. He is to be relocated to an observation room in the medical wing."
Interesting.
You look at another memo
" Someone's been stealing painkillers from the supply room again. Not sure who it could be, I'll have Bronson from Security set up a camera in the room."
"Subject 5473's paranoia is getting worse, he refuses to cooperate with medical staff and has attempted escape again, more extreme measures may be necessary."
Very interesting.
You set the memos down and begin searching the room for anything of value.
You look under the bed, there's nothing but dust.
You look behind the table and see something shiny. You pull the table out, surprised slightly by it's weight and reach for the shiny object.
It's a key! You can barely contain you excitement! You immediately run over to the door and fumble the key into the slot.
The lock is released, you open the door.
You step out into a plain looking hallway with gray walls and red trim.
There is a passage to your left with a sign on the wall reading "LIFTS"
There is a passage to your right with half the lights out, covering the walls and floor in shadow.
What do you do?


© 2011 J. R.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

They left the key inside the room, hidden behind the table. IT'S A TRAP!

First of all, go back into the room and open up the AC with the screwdriver. Check if there's anything valuable inside and take the thermostat, it'll probably come in handy. Next, check behind the Also III Colony poster to see if it's covering up a secret passageway. Either way, take it with you. If there isn't a secret passage, go to the elevator and see if you can get to a room that might have a computer in it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Not bad Detective Watts, but might I suggest this instead:
Have the main character take of his/her shirt and go running down the darkened hallway away from the lifts, screaming like a little girl.
Better, right?
....
No? Well I like it....

Posted 13 Years Ago


They left the key inside the room, hidden behind the table. IT'S A TRAP!

First of all, go back into the room and open up the AC with the screwdriver. Check if there's anything valuable inside and take the thermostat, it'll probably come in handy. Next, check behind the Also III Colony poster to see if it's covering up a secret passageway. Either way, take it with you. If there isn't a secret passage, go to the elevator and see if you can get to a room that might have a computer in it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

286 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 12, 2011
Last Updated on April 12, 2011


Author

J. R.
J. R.

About
I am an aspiring writer who is interested in improving as a writer and getting my work out to the world. . more..

Writing