Part 6: Ads and malfunctions

Part 6: Ads and malfunctions

A Chapter by J. R.

You briefly consider checking out the electronic store,but just as you stop toward the the sign falls to the floor with a great crash and the neon light breaks open sending bright orange sparks flying. You step over the sign and peer into the store.
The store is ransacked just like the hardware store, except nearly everything of value has been taken or destroyed. You can't help but feel slightly disappointed.
You decide to call Jay this time.
"What exactly am I supposed to do?" You ask, looking at the ceiling. You think you may have caught a shadow moving near the big silver ventilation duct up there, but it could have just been your imagination.
"Are you in the commercial pavilion?"
"Yeah." You answer, looking back up at the ceiling. You're sure you just saw something up there now."
"There's a tram you can use to get to District Gamma. It's under lock-down, so you'll have to get to the override switch. It's on the second floor. A woman by the name of Rica Felder is in charge of security there. Don't expect her to cooperate with you right away though."
You walk down the long pavilion hub, clutching your axe and stopping to look over your shoulder every few steps.
You nearly have a heart attack when one of the flat TV screens suddenly turns on.
"Want to be stronger? Can't burn off those extra pounds? Try new Tribalax!The revolutionary physical fitness enhancement that works! Take the tablet twice daily while you exercise and feel the difference!"
The screen then shuts off unceremoniously. 
You trudge over to the escalators, axe at the ready. Like most of the other things, the escalators aren't functioning. You climb up the escalators and you are immediately greeted with the sound of deranged mumbling and the pattering of feet.
You walk very slowly, ready to give anything that moves the business end of your axe.
There are countless stores up here. Clothing stores, gaming stores, stores selling cameras and radio equipment, bakeries and ice cream shops. It's a shame you didn't show up here when everything hadn't gone to hell.
Down the other end of the second floor, you see a person huddled up on the ground, his or her back turned to you, rocking back and forth in the distance.
There is a center path that leads to a dark blue station with a large window blocked by a jointed metal shutter. "That must be security" You say to yourself. 
What do you do?


© 2011 J. R.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ok, stop everything. We need to find some Tribalax and we need it right the f**k now! MC needs every advantage he can get. Leave the rocking guy by himself, he's too far gone in my opinion if he's already rocking. As for Rica Felder, I'd scour the ice cream shop for a peace offering. Get that b***h some Rocky Road! B*****s love Rocky Road.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I got no ideas. StarNinja?

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

265 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 19, 2011
Last Updated on April 19, 2011


Author

J. R.
J. R.

About
I am an aspiring writer who is interested in improving as a writer and getting my work out to the world. . more..

Writing