Part 7: Paranoia, Paranoia. Everybody's Coming To Get Me

Part 7: Paranoia, Paranoia. Everybody's Coming To Get Me

A Chapter by J. R.

You check around the place for any Tribalax or Rocky Road ice cream that survived the "overrun by crazies" period of time. Alas, you have no such luck.
Jay calls in, sounding slightly impatient.

"Could you do me a favor and check on Rica?"

You shrug and stroll on down to the security station.

You rap on the metal shutter. A moment later it opens up to reveal a pistol staring you in the face.

The pistol's owner is a disheveled looking woman in her mid thirties. Her wild, bloodshot eyes trained on you.

"You have ten seconds to explain yourself before I blow your head off." 

"I-I woke up here.....M-Medical section. I woke up in Medical section, I don't know how I got here and I met a friend that's in district Gamma and I need to take the tram over." 
You say, shaking like a leaf.

She narrows her eyes as she looks you over.

"Drop the axe." She demands

You set the axe down on the ground.

"Now empty your pockets."

You take everything out of your pockets, common sense has taught you to always do what a crazy woman with a gun says.

She looks down at your stuff on the ground and back up to you, the pistol still aimed squarely at your head.

"Prove it." She says in a very authoritarian way.

"Prove what?"

"That you're not one of those mutants running around. Find a Gray. Kill it and bring a part of it to show me."

"What's a Gray?" You say sheepishly.

"The Grays are the mutated, gray skinned freaks running around. I want you to find and kill one. And I'll let you on the tram. Deal?"

You barely have time to accept or decline before the shutter closes up and you are left to pick your stuff back up.

You stop and listen.

There is faint laughter and chanting to your left that sounds like it's coming from a movie theater on this floor. The way to your left leads into darkness due to a row of broken overhead lights.

What do you do?


© 2011 J. R.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hmm..... Jay's getting a bit snappy. Next time he does that, tell him to shut his f*****g trap and reming him who's in charge around here. As for where to go now, I would go down the dark alley with the broken overhead lights. There's bound to be a few crazies down there! And next time you see Rica, knock her out and take her pistol. Then take some of her hair for daring to point a pistol at your face! She needs to learn a lesson! AAAAARRGHGGHGHGLKLKLBKLBAKSLFKDJFLK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

286 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 21, 2011
Last Updated on April 21, 2011


Author

J. R.
J. R.

About
I am an aspiring writer who is interested in improving as a writer and getting my work out to the world. . more..

Writing