First Date.

First Date.

A Chapter by Prabha Salimath

Today, I don't know what to do, I have to meet Kiran. My mom asked me to take leave for one day, I'm going to meet that guy at evening, it'll be okay, if I go to school. My school will be finished by 4:30pm, after that I can go to music concert. My mom becoming stubborn like a little kid, for her I took leave, I don't know I'm feeling like to miss my school forever; that is the only place I find myself happy, if I'm home I got to hear mom's worry for marriage and if I hangout with friends oh my God that is nothing but a punishment. They talk about their married life or else about their kids; at last they ask me when I'll be married? This is all disgusting.

Whatever I'm stuck with my home today, this is the home where I find myself happy, this is the only place I spent childhood, schoolhood and my girlhood. I had been a very mischevious child in home, when I was out I had been decent. Indeed I'm decent in behaviour till today and did somewhat fun with Bindhu and Divya in college days, but the last two years were the worst years of my life. I become silent, talk less, adverse to my previous life.

I supposed to talk with my friends so much, that many of my friends used to call me Geet, a funny character from Jab We Met, a bollywood movie. I used to sleep with my mom till my graduation, even she called me once Geet after she watched the movie, in that movie she used to talk in sleep too, I had the same thing then. Now I'm completely changed I talk less even when I'm awake.

I wasn't accustomed to talk to guys very easily then, I had already had bad experiences in life before college, so I don't want anymore problem in my life. As professional life started I start to talk measurely, Bindhu gets angry if I hesitate to talk with man, she scolded me many of the times that I act with man like in an ignoring way, that they are after me to propose. I have no intention like that but she always accused me something like that. It is that I'm not interested in guys, they are total strange souls that I don't want to know.

Whatever I'm going to meet Kiran, let me to get that easily. I don't know I get awkward as everyone complains. My phone is ringing, I'm pretty sure its from Bindhu, it is her only.

" Hello, honey how you doing?
Have you made facial? I told you to did it on friday......"

She is throwing question over question like an interviewer in urgency.. Will you please give me a second to answer your questions, you have any idea how many questions you have asked me now, I able remeber only the first one. Yeah, I did everything you told me to do. I'm going to meet Kiran not you so please be cool.

" How could I not be honey? I talked with Urmila di, she said everything is fine and I have fear that if you ruin the whole the thing. Firstly you have no interest in marriage and secondly you love yourself than anyone. "

No not myself its my life, I love my life. There is a difference in saying that if I care of myself I would have rejected the proposal, I just love my life. Okay please don't be in fear,I said yes means yes only and I know to keep my promises. I never break my promise, so please stop suspecting it hurts. I'll call you up later. I yelled at her cut the line.

I don't know why they are not believing me? I never broke promises ever, promise means that only for me. There was a time in my home that dad, mom and di everyone suppose to share their secrets with me, they trust me with no second thoughts, their secrets are safe with me. There was a day that my dad's love poem was in my hand and I hadn't shared it with mom. Mom shared her family's most secret things with me and di I know everything of her life, now they are hurting me by not trusting me for no reason.

Its 4:30 mom is tensed and forcing me get ready, for her sake I get ready soon and left the home too. I got a call thought it'll be di, but no its an unknown no, I picked it.

" Hello, am I speaking to Ms.Rekha? "

Yeah, its Rekha. May I know whom to I'm speaking now.

" Hi, this me Kiran. I just called to know have you got any transportation or not? If you are not, may I pick you? "

No thanks, I'm in auto right now.

" Fine, I'll be waiting infront of dad's office. Waiting for your arrival. "

Okay. I don't know how did he get my phone number, may be he collected it from dad, its okay. God please help me up, I don't know what to talk, everything will be fine, hope so. I'm okay, I'm okay, I'm okay. I reached my destiny God lend me some courage. Again God, I'm shiverring why this happens to me always, stop it stupid said myself.

Holy s**t, sorry bhaiyya. I'm suppose to hit with an auto, stop thinking while crossing the road stupid, now stop blaming yourself my mind commanded.

Hi, I see a guy far away, hailing his hand. I searched every side of me, whom to he is saying hello. I'm sure he is saying hi to me only. As I step near to that guy I'm started to shock, how could he come to Kiran's dad office. Has he got any information about my marriage? Why he is in here? What if Kiran sees him in here? Its Karan how could he come back to my life?

There is a crowd, it looks there took an accident.

" Somebody please call the ambulance, this is my fiance, she is bleeding please somebody help. Rekha please open your eyes, everything will be fine, she is unconscious."

" Hello sir may I know who called for ambulance? " driver is asking everyone.

" Its me, can you please help me to take her. He instructed some boys to help me, safely we take her to ambulance. A boy asked how this has happend sir and what she is to me. I'm Kiran and she is my fiance, I was waiting for her, she was totally unaware and hit with a car. I wish nothing happen to her she is bleeding so badly. "

" We reach the hospital, doctor inquired and asked to fulfill all the formalities, as I done all that, doctor started his treatment. I must not be hailing my hand, she was coming to meet me only and I should wait until she come near to me. Its all my fault, please God don't let anything happen to her. "


© 2015 Prabha Salimath


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
Added on June 28, 2015
Last Updated on June 28, 2015


Author

Prabha Salimath
Prabha Salimath

India



About
Everyone is unique piece of God, a very intelligent artist of this universe. I know it sounds crazy, what I have to do? I believe this. I do started to write since I'm 11yr old but scared to exhibit i.. more..

Writing